Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

Spelling - No More Excuses!

We haven't yet been able to sort out the bad grammar problem yet, but spelling we have taken care of in the forums. When you compose a message, you now can spell check your posting BEFORE you send it. It is simple to operate. If you do not have the proper browser add-on to make it work you will be prompted to download it. Do so! It is simple, fast and will make my mother proud of you! Remember... spell checking is like using condoms... you won't be embarrassed later! :(

That's great especially for non-native english speakers like myself, thanks a bunch!!EDIT: I like the comparison BTW :(

I've got the browser add-on for my usual posting computer, but thanks for helping me out, especially on my other machine that doesn't have that feature. It's been a real help lately since I've been typing with only my right hand, #$%@%^&* broke the left wrist before Thanksgiving, so I hit the wrong keys frequently. :(Kim

OK! I just changed my vote from 'don't like the new forums' to 'the new forums are great'! DJ

Guest zacharace
OK! I just changed my vote from 'don't like the new forums' to 'the new forums are great'! DJ
Haha me too! :( Great analogy Tom :(

Guest j-mo

Testing...Candidate for a Pullet Surpriseaka "The Spell Checker Poem"by Mark Eckman and Jerrold H. ZarI have a spelling checker,It came with my PC.It plane lee marks four my revueMiss steaks aye can knot sea.Eye ran this poem threw it,Your sure reel glad two no.Its vary polished in it's weigh.My checker tolled me sew.A checker is a bless sing,It freeze yew lodes of thyme.It helps me right awl stiles two reed,And aides me when eye rime.Each frays come posed up on my screenEye trussed too bee a joule.The checker pours o'er every wordTo cheque sum spelling rule.Bee fore a veiling checker'sHour spelling mite decline,And if we're lacks oar have a laps,We wood bee maid too wine.Butt now bee cause my spellingIs checked with such grate flare,Their are know fault's with in my cite,Of nun eye am a wear.Now spelling does knot phase me,It does knot bring a tier.My pay purrs awl due glad denWith wrapped word's fare as hear.To rite with care is quite a feetOf witch won should bee proud,And wee mussed dew the best wee can,Sew flaw's are knot aloud.Sow ewe can sea why aye dew praysSuch soft wear four pea seas,And why eye brake in two averseBuy righting want too pleas.===================================================Sorry... somebody had do post this...Thanks for the new forums, btw... I like 'em.Regards,Alex M.

Sorry... somebody had do post this...Thanks for the new forums, btw... I like 'em.Regards,Alex M.
Ah! Proof that, sometimes, condoms break. ;)I've had spell check for a while as Firefox has a plug-in for an inline spell-checker. As I type, it actively checks my spelling and underlines it in the red squiggly lines like Microsoft Word has become famous for.

John Morgan

"There is a feeling about an airport that no other piece of ground can have. No matter what the name of the country on whose land it lies, an airport is a place you can see and touch that leads to a reality that can only be thought and felt." - The Bridge Across Forever: A Love Story by Richard Bach

Guest RonB49
Testing...Candidate for a Pullet Surpriseaka "The Spell Checker Poem"by Mark Eckman and Jerrold H. ZarI have a spelling checker,It came with my PC.. . .And why eye brake in two averseBuy righting want too pleas.===================================================Sorry... somebody had do post this...Thanks for the new forums, btw... I like 'em.Regards,Alex M.
Thanks Alex. R-

We haven't yet been able to sort out the bad grammar problem yet,
Indeed not - yet :(

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

First we have to get the American North, the American South, the British, and the Aussies to all agree on what constitutes bad grammar. :(

John Morgan

"There is a feeling about an airport that no other piece of ground can have. No matter what the name of the country on whose land it lies, an airport is a place you can see and touch that leads to a reality that can only be thought and felt." - The Bridge Across Forever: A Love Story by Richard Bach

If you had just used Firefox you wouldn't need the forum to have a spell checker on it..... :( Good idea though, and very good comparison.

First we have to get the American North, the American South, the British, and the Aussies to all agree on what constitutes bad grammar. :(
That's easy. We Brits are right and everyone else is wrong ;-) Mind you, some of the grammar I see from some Brits nowadays is truly atrocious.

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

I just knew that someone would pick up on that... sooner or later! :(

Great post! You've made my day!Peter Sydney Australia

Will this knew rule take away colorful (colourful) behavior (behaviour). Will we awl get the boot (or is it the trunk). Will the girls where a bonnet or hood?Will it cause a furor (or furore).Will I have to eat cookies or bikkies?Will we all knead counseling or even counselling?Aisle nevver get another vacation (hols).Will we fill our aeroplanes or airpalnes with petrol or gas?I'd better not go down the "fanny" route (didn't want to mispell that last wan).Hoo as a favorite?Who wares the pants or trousers at your placeI have to admit I am a wardrobe (closet) spelling freek.Good LuckPeterHI hope you don't erase too much of this! :(