Sign in to follow this  

Computer finally put together.

I just FINISHED it now I have to move my video card over and my hard drive and then I have to have guts to turn it on because i think it may blow up it has a neon light and a case with a window and a power supply with 2 fans and 2 atx fans so i think i will go sleepy now.Bye

Guest ront1

Sounds like a nice pc Shane. I just recently built mine also. Sure is nice to have a faster one!Ron

Guest Tony_A

Hi Ron, just a question. Did you install a new version of XP after you built your PC or did you transfer it from another machine. I've heard that XP doesn't like being transferred as far as the registration goes. Tony

Guest Max Cowgill

>I just FINISHED it now I have to move my video card over and >my hard drive and then I have to have guts to turn it on >because i think it may blow up it has a neon light and a >case with a window and a power supply with 2 fans and 2 atx >fans so i think i will go sleepy now. >>Bye hehe, you think that's bad? Try running a Thermaltake Volcano 7+ (on high setting, mind you) with an open case about 3 feet away from where you sit! Not to mention the 5 other fans I've got running in there... Now THAT'S loud! ;)-Max Cowgill

Can I ask, what do you think of the 9500Pro? I am thinking of buying a PC that has one, but I would like to know how good it is when it comes to FS.CheersMalcolm

WinXP can't be moved from machine-to-machine without also having to be reactivated.Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Guest ront1

To answer a couple of the questions, I did a fresh install of XP Home on the new pc and I really do like the Radeon 95000PRO. I would have liked the 9700PRO but could not afford it. The 9500PRO is nice. Here is a link to some screens that I posted over at the other forum.http://www.flightsimnetwork.com/dcforum/DC...mID8/21685.htmlRon

I'm shocked looking at this thing - I cannot have guts fearing it will fry. They tell me I should use the thermal tape that came on the CPU instead of Compound - So I Dunno....

I moved my copy of xp over to my new system without a hitch.Reactivation was no problem.Floyd

Shane, if you are not overclocking it, you shouldn't have to worry too much. Fire it up and go straight into the bios and look at the pc heath status. That should give you an idea of how it's doing at idle anyway.

Will my clock speed be set right? It's a 333MHZ FSB and the jumper is set at 333MHZ on the board...

that ASUS board is smart enough to know what FSB should be set for your CPU. 333HZ is right for 2600+ and above. The compound is fine as long as you do not apply to much. Just apply a small amount and make sure it's even.It does not need to go all over the CPU but iam sure you know that.If you have used your setup long enough to post then you are in good shape. IF a AMD is installed wrong it will fry upon boot in most cases. Just make sure you have very good cooling. I would get a ORB or volcano 8 because the chip does get pretty hot when you flight sim. I would also get some video ram heat sinks . If you can not afford or do not want to do all of that do what i do. open the case and stick a big fan right in front of it :-lol . After 2 hours of simming my system was cold :-lol. It's not the correct method but it works Capt.Richard Dillon (KATL)www.jetstarairlines.comhttp://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg"Lets Roll" 9/11 -----------------------Specs AMD 2400 XP MSI KTV4 512MB DDR 2100Asus GF4 ti 4200 128MBSB Audigy Gamer Ch Products Yoke and Pedals(usb)Windows 2000 Serivce Pack 3

Hi! I'm up and running - She didn't detect her - Detected an AthlonXP 1500+, (I swore), and I went into the bios, saved it - Exited out - then it didn't say WARNING! Cpu has been removed!___________________________________________________________________I rebooted - Still saying 1500+, I went in and set the FSB from 100MHZ to 166MHZ, THERE WE GO!!!!!!!!!!! Amd 2700+!Have yet to get everything installed. :)I see I get the NForce 2 drivers from NVIDIA website.Just got the newest drivers - 15FPS Suites me anyway... I will report back later.Edit: Sound card recommendations? (Sorry for spelling, Tired)

166 is the correct setting . Although iam surprise that ASUS did not do that for you. MSI is the only board I have ever used that I had to set my bios to detect the correct clock speed on the first boot. Don't worry you are still running a 333 FSB btw I would look at a SB audigy . They are cheap right now and are great cards compared to the LIVE imho. If you are not a SB fan turtle beach would proboly be my next choice . Capt.Richard Dillon (KATL)www.jetstarairlines.comhttp://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg"Lets Roll" 9/11 -----------------------Specs AMD 2400 XP MSI KTV4 512MB DDR 2100Asus GF4 ti 4200 128MBSB Audigy Gamer Ch Products Yoke and Pedals(usb)Windows 2000 Serivce Pack 3

Shane have you got that piece of @#?@ up and running yet??? Hurry so I can connect with my B-25 without killing your frame rates anymore :-lolBest Wishes, Randy J. Smith[h5]San Jose Ca[/h5][h3]" A little learning is a dangerous thing"[/h3]AMD XP 2100 |MUNCHKIN 512 DDR RAM |ECS[/b ][i] K7S5A MB[/i] |GF3 64 MEG |WIN XP PRO |MITSUBISHI DIAMOND PLUS 91 19"