Sign in to follow this  

Computer finally put together.

COMPLETELY #####.If you come on MSN I will tell ya

My CPU is starting to get warm.My fans on the P/S are not turning as fast as they should be, I don't think.FS2002 ran like crap untill I reinstalled it. The blurries are EXTREME...... I have a Fan at the front of the case blowing air in, the CPU fan... the fan on back of P/S, and one on the bottom of P/S, And 1 Taking air out of the computer from the side.

OK - What's this?everything is running at 40FPS, but when I look out to my wing i get 25fps, and it stutters every 2-3 seconds..Anyone have any idea?

Hey Shane,I am also in the middle of putting together a system,so this is all interesting :D As for the framerate drop when you look out the side window, my only assumption would be if you had any running programs in the background on your system while flying. Or try different vid drivers? .......I am sure as your tweaking you will find the answer=swiv=

hey Swiv... This all stops when I put hardware accelleration off, 8X AGP is enabled on bios, but its not an 8X card, should I shut that off? Please help me guys

Guest Smiley

Hi Shane,Two things to think about. I have had stutters at times while changing view but with a video card driver update (sometimes an older driver) or a different DX version it went away. The AGP setting in the bios should be no more than the card can use. From what limited reading I've done AGP 8X is not fully implemented on video cards yet. Also, there is a setting to adjust the (? I forget) video cache from 16 mb to 256 mb or something and that typically should be set to 1/2 your system ram. Some systems and games like more or less so YMMV. Make one change at a time and try again until all is well, then STOP making any more adjustments and enjoy :)

Shane, make sure that you have your hard drive running at UDMA speeds. This will cause major suttering if not set correctly. Go to control panel/system/hardware/device manager and look at your IDE ATA controllers under the advanced tab. Your primary IDE transfer mode should be set to DMA IF AVAILABLE. One more thing. You can also set your BIOS up under general settings. First hard drive should be set to mode 4 or 5 depending on what type it is.Best Wishes, Randy J. Smith[h5]San Jose Ca[/h5][h3]" A little learning is a dangerous thing"[/h3]AMD XP 2100 |MUNCHKIN 512 DDR RAM |ECS[/b ][i] K7S5A MB[/i] |GF3 64 MEG |WIN XP PRO |MITSUBISHI DIAMOND PLUS 91 19"

thanks Smiley and Randy..RANDY: I checked and its running in DMA IF AVAILIBLE. My HDD is a Maxtor 40gig....Also, I tried PIC767 out.... OMfG!!! 31FPS !!!!!!!! Much better then from 2-12fps !!!!

Guest SoarPics

I'm running an A7N8X and those temps are fine.

Do you have stutters ?? If you do what in the BIOS did you change?What is you're FULL sys spec?

Guest PaulL01

Shane,Glad to see your up and running! :)If you go to the Asus website you should grab all the latest downloads:1.The latest BIOS: 1002a http://www.nforcershq.com/forum/ Checkout ASUS.Take care.Paul

Guest SoarPics

No stutters here. Try disabling "Video RAM Cacheable" and "System BIOS Cacheable" in your BIOS. Make sure your video card is seen as "AGP" in the BIOS (this board defaults to PCI). Disable any onboard features you're not using (LANs, 1394 device, etc.). You may need to tweek the AGP Aperature size, too. Are you using on board sound?XP2400 @ 2700ASUS A7N8X Deluxe1Gb Crucial 2700Gainward GF4 Ti 4600 Golden Sample @ 325/730Maxtor 40Gb 7200Santa Cruz soundSony CD-RW100Mb ZipLian-Li w/ Antec 420 PSUEvenStrain HOTAS Cougar w/ Thrustmaster Elites

Guest PaulL01

>Make sure your video >card is seen as "AGP" in the BIOS (this board defaults to >PCI). This is not really necessary as this is used only when running a second video card and is otherwise ignored, but if it makes you feel better

Paul! Thank you, I will check these out this weekend! Do you have Any instant messageing programs ? If you do you can drop an e-mail to me with you're screen name....... shane737400cdn@hotmail.comThank you Paul and Soar