Guest daniellkeven

Hd 4780x2 Or Gtx 280

Guest daniellkeven

hismall question which card is better for fsx ati hd 4780x2 or gtx280?thanx

Guest Nick_N
GTX 280

Guest daniellkeven

hellotanx nick u are always ready to help:) but can u tell me how can i check my video card and see if it is working properlly cuz i feel that my card the bfg gtx280 oc2 is not working good when i play the game i see during flying a big mix of graphic and some desktop icon show on the sky:)how can i make sure that my card is working propebly ? any program for exam the card/thanx

I do lots of video capture, that's why I always use ATI. Does the GTX 280 allow Video Capture? How much better is the GTX 280 than the ATI 4870 X2 2GB for FSX?Thanks.Abe

I have a PowerColor 4870 1GB and FSX runs just fine. It doesn't even work that hard and runs cool.

If you are only interested in FSX at 1680x1050 the 9800GTX+ is hard to beat. Higher resolutions and you would want the GTX260 Core 216. For 2560x1600 go with the GTX280. If you play a lot of other AAA titles the Radeon 4870 is a good bet, however you will see slightly lower FPS in FSX with a Radeon card as opposed to Nvidia (as shown, more or less, on Tom's charts).Hope this helps.

Konrad

This supports my own experience. I went back to my 8800GTX:http://www.tomshardware.com/charts/gaming-...-X-SP2,785.html
Almost meaningless test.What FSX and video card settings did they use in that test?What location did they use? (Meaning where they at an airport or where they flying at some altitude or what scenery or where they over mountains or etc ...)I have a 4870 1GB and get around 47 fps.

Guest harleyman52

The 4870X2 is the fastest card avaible now...And with the release of each new driver set it just gets better......There is nothing faster...Plus...IMO...Nvidia can't touch the clarity and colors of ATI...This is my first card from ATI and I ain't going back....TIP....The Vision Tech 4870X2 has a lifetime warrenty.....

"The 4870X2 is the fastest card avaible now...And with the release of each new driver set it just gets better......There is nothing faster..."Until Jan or Feb 09 when Nvidia release the GTX280x2 (or whatever they will call it)"Plus...IMO...Nvidia can't touch the clarity and colors of ATI...This is my first card from ATI and I ain't going back...."This is very subjective and not backed up by any review I have read over the last year or so. Talking generally here - not about FSX in particular."TIP....The Vision Tech 4870X2 has a lifetime warrenty....."Lifetime GPU warranties are a meaningless marketing gimmick - who on earth is going to run their ultra high end GPU for more than a couple of years at the very most? Once high-end pretty much always high-end so you will be upgrading in 2 years or less I'll bet you...

Konrad

Guest harleyman52
Until Jan or Feb 09 when Nvidia release the GTX280x2 (or whatever they will call it)Well...Its not out yet...Who says it will be faster..nvidia drivers fall short on new hardware usually...."Plus...IMO...Nvidia can't touch the clarity and colors of ATI...This is my first card from ATI and I ain't going back...."This is very subjective and not backed up by any review I have read over the last year or so. Talking generally here - not about FSX in particular.Not intrested in reviews...Just what I see......."TIP....The Vision Tech 4870X2 has a lifetime warrenty....."Lifetime GPU warranties are a meaningless marketing gimmick - who on earth is going to run their ultra high end GPU for more than a couple of years at the very most? Once high-end pretty much always high-end so you will be upgrading in 2 years or less I'll bet you...
Are they? Not everybody chases the latest ..Some never upgrade..Run it till it all dies then buy new...... To each his own.....

Nvidia's new dual core GPU will be faster than the 4870x2, and by a fair margin too - that's guaranteed. There would be no point whatsoever for Nvidia to release it otherwise.I'll repeat: Lifetime GPU warranties are a meaningless marketing gimmick. All manufactures offer a 2 to 5 year warranty anyway which covers more than most folk will ever need.

Konrad

Guest harleyman52
Nvidia's new dual core GPU will be faster than the 4870x2, and by a fair margin too - that's guaranteed. There would be no point whatsoever for Nvidia to release it otherwise.I'll repeat: Lifetime GPU warranties are a meaningless marketing gimmick. All manufactures offer a 2 to 5 year warranty anyway which covers more than most folk will ever need.
A bold statement at best....You would think their newest would be faster...But how do you place a guarentee? Their drivers are just catching up to the 280,s now......And you know.....Lifetime warrenties are good.....When I build my next system after the new windows is out,This HOT 4870X2 with its lifetime warrenty will go to my son for much more use......And if it dies,it will be replaced for free with a simple RMA....... You don't like lifetime warrenties...Great for you...As if I care what you do or don't like....Furthurmore,I was merely pointing something out for some one that was seeking advice.... I certainly think the buyer / builder has enough sense to make his own choice on warrenties ....

Guest djt01
The 4870X2 is the fastest card avaible now...And with the release of each new driver set it just gets better......There is nothing faster...
Faster in what? I