Sign in to follow this  
psolk

Repaint Question

Hi everyone,I hope all is well, long time no talk... I have a quick question I am hoping someone can assist with. I have downloaded a repaint from Avsim by Max Hergemoeller named lds763_swissair.zip yet I am having one problem. The fanblades of the engine are bright red. It appears this only happens when the engines are shut down. When the engines are running I see the normal textures. I have downloaded the repaint tutorial and I have tried to locate the file I would need to modify but alas I have had no luck. I have also reached out to the original author but have not heard back so I thought I would take my issue to the experts. Any ideas within Level-D what file controls the textures of the engines when shut down?Thanks in advance!-Paul

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Got it!!! :( The file was b763wing_left_t.bmp. In the lower right hand corner of that .bmp is the fan blade but it is quite hard to see. The author had covered that area of the .BMP in solid red extending the tail to the corner of the file covering the fan blade in doing so. I was able to compare the same .BMP from separate textures and finally caught it.I then used Gimp to copy that section of the texture from a good file and overlay it into the swiss repaint.All fixed and my first experience ever with repaints and textures :( Cheers,-Paul

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

This is a thread from 2008. The original poster took the time to share his solution with the forum. He didn't have to do that. Because he did, he has really helped me here in 2010. I was wondering the same thing - the textures of the fan blades changed when the compressor was not spinning, and I couldn't figure out which item on the paint kit map required attention. This is the only forum thread I have been able to find on this issue.THANK YOU, PAUL!!Lee

Signature.jpg

This is a thread from 2008. The original poster took the time to share his solution with the forum. He didn't have to do that. Because he did, he has really helped me here in 2010. I was wondering the same thing - the textures of the fan blades changed when the compressor was not spinning, and I couldn't figure out which item on the paint kit map required attention. This is the only forum thread I have been able to find on this issue.THANK YOU, PAUL!!Lee
That's great. That's why I always stress for people to actually post back how they solved whatever problem that had, so we can keep it here as a record.

That's great. That's why I always stress for people to actually post back how they solved whatever problem that had, so we can keep it here as a record.
My Pleasure Lee, Thank you for searching and coming back to let us know it worked!And I agree with Red obviously, share the wealth...To Lee's credit though Red, not all users search! I hope I didn't just reveal a massive secret like no Easter bunny and no tooth fairy :( It is so frustrating when users DON"T take the time to search and just post every question they have when the answer they were looking for is 3 threads down :( Kudos to Lee for finding his own solution!!!Paul

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk