Sign in to follow this  
Guest cliffie1931

Dan Downs Stars?

Guest cliffie1931

Dan I'm planning a flight from KJFK to KBOS. Feeding the FMC is straightforward until choosing the appropriate STAR.I have three areas of information:1.The chart for runway 22L named "RNAV (GPS) RWY 22L"2.The STARS in the FMC which are:CAMRN4, ENE.ALL, IGN8, LENDY5, PLYMM4.ALL, PWLZ.ALL3. Information in your download relating to runway 22L. However I don't know how to use this data. Below is a copy of what I assume to be the relevant sections as they all refer to runway 22L: (Incidentally GARDENER, which is included in your listings, isn't included in my FMC STARS)Approaches00058R22L RNAV (GPS) RWY 22L Orig 08325

The easy way is to look at flightaware.com and find that they are filing: MERIT ORW ORW3.The approach list for KBOS includes all published approaches unless listed in exceptions. ILS22L is included.The stars you listed in para 2 are KJFK stars from Navigraph (not mine). You could use either ORW3 or INNDY2 (RNAV), the airlines are using ORW3. Be sure to be looking at the charts when you make your selection. Note ORW3 and INNDY2 are the same except one is RNAV, but both take you as far as fix INNDY then ATC vectors to the approach.As noted in the readme, my procedures all assume an ILS approach unless specified. How this works: if you use ORW3 then you have the default where the route is to INNDY then a disconnect to whatever approach you want because this is supposed to be ATC vectors.If you select ORW2.22L then the procedure takes you all the way to the FAF for ILS22L (VOCUS), where you also have selected the ILS22L (without transitions) so the result is you have built a route from ORW VOR then via ORW3 to the ILS22L to the runway without any discontinuities. Using the MD11, to to LAT REV page from fix MERIT and go to STARS, select ILS22L first, then ORW3.22L and insert. No transitions in this case.I am not supporting the RNAV approaches connected to STARS at this location. When the approach is other than an ILS the STAR name will indicate it. For example, SCUPP3.VIS33L is using the visual approach to 33L or a star such as ABCDE1.RNP10 connects to an RNAV (RNP) approach instead of an ILS.I hope this helps.

Dan Downs KCRP