Sign in to follow this  
Guest meekal

Cg Out Of Range?

Guest meekal

Hi,If I put in a random pax. load and 1/3 fuel for a short flight (from the drop-down menu), why do I get a cautionary warning about the CG? It flies fine but it is a little unnerving to have the cautionary light on all the time.Meekal

I have that problem too. It started after I installed the Coolsky MD-80. The PMDG load manager got messed up, and after uninstall of MD-80 and MD-11 then reinstall of MD-11 its still doing it. Load manager only shows pass and cargo weight for -11 and -11F under ZFW. Empty plane = 0 lbs under ZFW. I am not sure what could have caused this, it used to work just fine. The aircraft does load up with correct wieght in sim though.WillyEDIT I just wanted to add that I also Installed the CS757 and the MD-80 is the Pro. I know there was a problem w/ the Queen and a different addon screwing up an FSX file. Could this be the same issue?

Guest meekal
I have that problem too. It started after I installed the Coolsky MD-80. The PMDG load manager got messed up, and after uninstall of MD-80 and MD-11 then reinstall of MD-11 its still doing it. Load manager only shows pass and cargo weight for -11 and -11F under ZFW. Empty plane = 0 lbs under ZFW. I am not sure what could have caused this, it used to work just fine. The aircraft does load up with correct wieght in sim though.WillyEDIT I just wanted to add that I also Installed the CS757 and the MD-80 is the Pro. I know there was a problem w/ the Queen and a different addon screwing up an FSX file. Could this be the same issue?
I have the CS757 and the MD80 Pro as well! Is that the common denominator?Very strange.I experimented yesterday and if I put in 2/3 fuel, the cautionary sign goes away. Meekal

I don't recall the specifics, but there was a CG-related thread a week or two ago that discussed a fix that will be in the first SP that solves an issue with loading that is especially troublesome at 1/3 fuel. I have also ran into this problem, the temporary workaround is to carry a little more fuel until the fix is out.

Dan Downs KCRP

Just to make sure we are talking about the same thing, here are some screen shots of the load manager.http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk238/k...itmapImage1.jpghttp://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk238/k...itmapImage2.jpgNotice the that what ever the cargo load is equal to ZFW, passenger model does the same. Now look at the CGs, that is the CG that is loaded into sim, wich is not correct. I am still able to load my cargo and pax via the load mngr (values are correct per FS payload and fuel menu) but then have to calculate the correct ZFWCG and enter that into the FMS and all is well. The load mngr work fine on a clean install of FSX, this did not start until I started to reinstall other aircraft (CS 757 and MD-80Pro). I am afraid I will have to reinstall FSX to resolve this. Dan, do you have either of these addons?Willy

Guest meekal
I don't recall the specifics, but there was a CG-related thread a week or two ago that discussed a fix that will be in the first SP that solves an issue with loading that is especially troublesome at 1/3 fuel. I have also ran into this problem, the temporary workaround is to carry a little more fuel until the fix is out.
I agree. I add 2/3 fuel and the warning goes away.Meekal

Dan, do you have either of these addons?Willy
Nope... the only addon aircraft I have are PMDG.

Dan Downs KCRP