Sign in to follow this  
brucets

Disable Head Movement/latency In Vc?

Greetings!I have seen and used the config tweak that disables the head latency in the VC, but can not now find it after searching. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!Bruce

I believe it can be disabled via the "cameras cfg".Try changing "MomentumEffect" to "no".[CameraDefinition.002]Title = Virtual CockpitGuid = {C95EAB58-9E4A-4E2A-A34C-D8D9D948F078}Description = This is the description of the virtual cockpit view.Origin = Virtual CockpitMomentumEffect = YesSnapPbhAdjust = SwivelSnapPbhReturn = FalsePanPbhAdjust = SwivelPanPbhReturn = False

I believe that the cameras.cfg file is the one that needs to be modified. Under CameraDefinition.002, change MomentumEffect to = No.

Art

I believe that the cameras.cfg file is the one that needs to be modified. Under CameraDefinition.002, change MomentumEffect to = No.
I believe that is it. Thanks, Gents, very appreciative!

There's an easier way. Go to your FSX.CFG file and make the entries "zero" for everything as shown below.[DynamicHeadMovement]LonAccelOnHeadLon=-0.000000LonAccelOnHeadPitch=-0.000000RollAccelOnHeadLat=0.000000YawAccelOnHeadLat=-0.000000RollAccelOnHeadRoll=0.000000MaxHeadAngle=0.000000MaxHeadOffset=0.000000HeadMoveTimeConstant=0.000000FalconAFEDIT: Just realized you may only want to disable it in the VC. The above will do it in VC and 2D cockpits. But if you want to do it for EVERY airplane, the fsx.cfg file entries above will do it.

Rick Ryan

I did not even know that it worked in 2D.
Heck...you may be right about that. I haven't used a 2D cockpit in FSX in over a year now. Right now, I'm not even sure if their is head latency movement in the 2D cockpits. Oh well....FalconAF

Rick Ryan

Guest JoeInCT

Will have to try this. I find it annoying to have to re-adjust the view position on takeoff roll (after acceleration). I would like to keep the (eye point movement) effects during turbulence however. Will this tweak disable it for both acceleration and turbulence? Is there any way to keep one but get rid of the other?