Sign in to follow this  
Guest Macclesfieldman

Hardware Requirements Fsx/738 Ng

Guest Macclesfieldman

Hello,Im flying with the PMDG 737NG under FS9 since a long while and Im a big fan of the detailed and precise model it represents.I have in the next months the opportunity to buy a new machine and wondered, which hardware specs I would require to get the upcoming FSX 737NG running smoothly and also together with add-on sceneries and IVAO? (at the moment I cant use any additional sceneries or the 3D cockpit). My second question is that I have read that the PMDG products wouldnt run properly under Vista. Is that right?I tried to find the answers in the search option - sorry, if I missed it somewhere! Thanks for your answers!Cheers,Marc

There are several recent posts regarding Vista; yes, Vista 32 or 64 works just fine.It is probably a little early to look for hardware specs on the 737NG. My recommendation is to focus on what you need to run FSX, and there is a hardware forum in AVSIM exactly covering this issue with as many opinions as you care to read. My recent new build for FSX is a Q9650 Quad 3.0Mhz 4Gb DDR2 RAM 1066MHz FSB and ATI4870 running Vista64 and I am very happy with it. The only thing I might revisit would be the ATI vs nVidia but that is in hindsight. There are lots of folks here that are happy with their system too, and they run the gamut. I think it most importantly depends on your budget. The bottom line is if you have something powerful enough for FSX then any new PMDG product for FSX is going to work well with it.

Dan Downs KCRP