Sign in to follow this  
clkuehn

Airport Without Runway In Md11 Fmc

Dear all,when recently I made a travel into the high north, I found that I was not able to select an approach into BGTL (Thule, Greenland).I am using the default AFCAD files provided by PMDG with the bird (did they update compared o the 744X by the way?).I did a quick search with the notepad and it seems that the airport is correctly represented in the files. There is even a SID/STAR file for BGTL which seems to correctly list the ILS Approach available for BGTL.In the FMC I cannot see any approach listed and even cannot select a runway for VFR approach. Seems perhaps the runway is missing?Anyone out there with a similar problem or even better is there a fellow who can check the AFCAD entries for correctness and knows how to correct for it?Thanks in advance!Clemens

Just FYI: If the STARS page shows NONE under STARs and APPROACH then the most likely reason is a syntax error or data error in the sidstar file. As it is now, the MD11 doesn't yet provide the error messages that the 737/747 does, and there is no sure way of knowing what the problem might be. Therefore, a sidstar error needs to be ruled out first.

Dan Downs KCRP

In the case that this happens, it's always good to have some charts handy and either enter all of the waypoints by hand, or work the radios and fly it by hand. No reason to bag a long flight up to the ice shelf that the Danes call Greenland.After that, check out Navigraph, as posted earlier.By the way:AFCAD files determine the layout of the FS airports and have nothing to do with the aircraft navsystems.SIDSTAR files are more of what you're looking for.Cheers,Kyle

Kyle Rodgers