Sign in to follow this  
N60JBravo

Just A Tip....

Let me start by saying how great it is to be a part of such a helpful community.Every day I look on here and see people offering up help to those who need it, asking nothing in return.That being said, I would like to offer a tip that addresses a minor pet peeve of mine.People will often add links in their posts to files in the library. This is fantastic that they are willing to look up something and then post a link to it as opposed to simply telling someone to "go find it yourself".My tip would be that when you do this you offer a link to the file description and not directly to the download. I personally would like to know what it is before I download it, maybe it doesn't fit what I am looking for, maybe I already have it, maybe i just don't want it.To aid in this, if you are looking at a file description page and right click on the download button you will be given several options including "copy link location". Selecting this copies the download URL to the clipboard. You can then paste that URL into your post and it looks something like - http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=124745Then you can replace "download" with "esearch" so it looks like this - http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=124745This will allow readers to view the file description and then decide whether they want to download the file or not.Thanks again to all of you who have offered help, I have learned a ton here, and continue to do so.PS. The file I used as an example is tips_and_tricks_25.zip the most recent (notice I didn't say last) addition to that great series by David "Opa" Marshall. If you haven't read these, I recommend you do. They are chock full of info, some useful, some just for fun, all enjoyable.Thanks for looking.

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif