Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest rennman

747 L Nav

what part of the fmc do i have to make sure is programmed to make sure that the l nav works....ive done the minimum programming just to get the magenta line to appear...but the l nav wont engage...thanksmike ryder

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I can only guess at what "minimum" programming is... use section 12 of the AOM. What about VNAV and A/T, are these working?Look at the route using the LEGS page and the ND in PLN mode, and eliminate any discontinuities in the route. Verify you have a departure runway selected, etcetera.Hope this helps.

thanks for your reply...by minimun i meant that i did only the depart airport and the arrival airport as a single leg direct route...nothing else...just enough to get the magenta line to show...ill try what you said...i know this a/c is not for the impatient!mike ryder

At least add one enroute fix to give the nav computer something to compute. Did you intend to fly a visual approach at destination or use an ILS? If ILS you could then have an enroute fix and then the ILS approach with a transition.There's lots of help here if you need to to build a complete flight plan.