Sign in to follow this  
Guest daniellkeven

Urgent Help Please

Guest daniellkeven

can u tell me how can i check my video card and see if it is working properlly cuz i feel that my card the bfg gtx280 oc2 is not working good when i play the game i see during flying a big mix of graphic and some desktop icon show on the sky:)how can i make sure that my card is working propebly ? any program for exam the card/thanx i did try the ati tools and i start the artifacts test and after 2 min i got some yellow dot on the screen so what does that mean is my card not working? plz help

Guest ziporama
can u tell me how can i check my video card and see if it is working properlly cuz i feel that my card the bfg gtx280 oc2 is not working good when i play the game i see during flying a big mix of graphic and some desktop icon show on the sky:)how can i make sure that my card is working propebly ? any program for exam the card/thanx i did try the ati tools and i start the artifacts test and after 2 min i got some yellow dot on the screen so what does that mean is my card not working? plz help
Yellow dots in the ATI tools indicate your card may have issues, and artifacts on the screen usually indicate a problem with memory. I would plug in the RivaTuner or ATI tools the non overclocked settings for memory and GPU speeds and see if you get the same effects (eg, run at specifications for the 280 as published by Nvidia and see what you get. BFG seems to overclock most of its cards at the factory, yet that requires a very good power supply and cooling in the case. Power must be connected to the 4 or 6 prong plugs on the card depending on the model (all of them should be connected if you intend to overclock). I mention power supplies because some of the high end cards require a very stable power rail to operate smoothly at high clocks. I had some odd problems in my older case with that and beefing up the power fixed all that. This said, running at factory clocks should tell you.Nvidia system tools also has a test routine you can try although an earlier version I tried systematically crashed my operating system and I haven't used it since. The torture test 3DMark is another good way to verify your graphics system is working properly. To determine if you have a cooling issue, what I've done on my case is remove my side panel, place a box fan next to it and run it full blast which outside of removing the dust bunnies in your box will also be quite effective at providing cooler air to your video card.If the artifacts show at spec clock speeds, something is likely cooked on the card or it was bad at the factory. You may be able to RMA it.Hope this helps,Etienne

Guest daniellkeven

hi thanx for ur respond but i do have ocz 700watt power suplly and the tempereture of the card is 60 full loaded mine is bfg gtx280 oc2 from manifucture and when i run fsx i got some graphic trouble as mixing colors and icons of windows show inside the game during flyingwhen i run the ati tools i get those yellow dots on the test but it is not saying error >always saying no error but having the yellow dots at same time so any idea here?tanx

Guest Nick_N
hi thanx for ur respond but i do have ocz 700watt power suplly and the tempereture of the card is 60 full loaded mine is bfg gtx280 oc2 from manifucture and when i run fsx i got some graphic trouble as mixing colors and icons of windows show inside the game during flyingwhen i run the ati tools i get those yellow dots on the test but it is not saying error >always saying no error but having the yellow dots at same time so any idea here?tanx
you CAN NOT use ATI Tool to test newer nvidia cards.. I have seen a bug in that tool which can report false errors with nvidiaIf you feel you card is not working properly and you are seeing graphic errors during normal 3D use, and, you are not undepowering or overclocking the card or the system improperly.. then I suggest you return it for a replacement

you CAN NOT use ATI Tool to test newer nvidia cards.. I have seen a bug in that tool which can report false errors with nvidiaIf you feel you card is not working properly and you are seeing graphic errors during normal 3D use, and, you are not undepowering or overclocking the card or the system improperly.. then I suggest you return it for a replacement
Define "newer". I use ATi Tool's artifact tester to check the stability of my overclocked 8800 GT and I assure you it works as intended. Push the clocks too far - artifacts. Back them off, they disappear.

Guest harleyman52

Check your card temps while flying.......