Sign in to follow this  
Pltskiracer

Poor Climb Performance Md11f

Cargo version (MD11F):ZFW: 154.0ZFWCG: 26.9TOCG:30.6FO Fuel: 29.0 (KG)Cost Index: 88I'm experiencing very poor climb performance passing FL200, with 4-500 fpm throught the climb to cruising level FL320. FMC is showing optimum FL390 and max FL407. Aircraft is not able to maintain econ crusing speed of .822 at FL320 and this is a much lower altitude than optimum altitude. After level off the speed decreases from .822 to .73 with econ selected. I need to select MCT or even TOGA to get the airspeed back to econ speed. Im flying with real world weather. And this is at relativly light weights. I have not tried with heavy weights. Anybody having the same problems??

Hi Nameless,What is your TAT and OAT at cruise?

Rob Prest

Hi Nameless,What is your TAT and OAT at cruise?
I just did another test flight, and everything was fine this time around. Most flights I have done have been with very poor climb performance though, so I will try to figure out whats going on. There is something going on with the OAT/TAT and the engine thrust produced during climb. I noticed the climb thrust that was requested on this flight was higher than my previous flights.FL200(2600 fpm):TAT:2COAT:-25CCLB:1.41MCT:1.63G/A:1.72FL300(2000 fpm)TAT:-14COAT:-49CCLB:1.52MCT:1.51G/A:1.72FL370 (Level cruise, .822):TAT:-26COAT:-59CCRZ:1.23Max CRZ:1.51CLB:1.60G/A:1.72Christian

What are you using for weather? Default FSX or an addon like ASX?MSFS is known to give unrealistically high OAT's sometimes, and this has a significant impact on performance (higher temps make air less dense, less lift, less thrust).

Dan Downs KCRP

What are you using for weather? Default FSX or an addon like ASX?MSFS is known to give unrealistically high OAT's sometimes, and this has a significant impact on performance (higher temps make air less dense, less lift, less thrust).
Default FSX weather, real world weather. What do you suggest using as far realistic weather for FSX?? Again, I will keep an eye on the OAT and TAT on the next flights and see whats going on. Thanks for responding by the way.Christian

I really like ASX (Active Sky for FSX) by Hi Fi Simulation. They have a forum next door.Regardless, I believe a registered copy of FSUIPC is required. I use it to smooth wind, pressure and temperature variations that the MSFS wx engine can throw at you, even if you are using an add-on like ASX.

Dan Downs KCRP

I really like ASX (Active Sky for FSX) by Hi Fi Simulation. They have a forum next door.Regardless, I believe a registered copy of FSUIPC is required. I use it to smooth wind, pressure and temperature variations that the MSFS wx engine can throw at you, even if you are using an add-on like ASX.
Hi Dan,About two weeks ago, REX has released (see http://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com). REX is using simconnect and the issues with the wind drifts are gone. You don't need a registered copy of FSUIPC anymore. In the meantime, I like to tell you that the FPS are much higher than with ASX. The REX weather textures are really amazing. I am not a member of the REX team nor beta-tester, I am just a REX user. Take a look at the picture of the MD-11 at EBBR, last Saturday at noon (real weather).Best regards,PeterBelgiummd11%20ebbr.png