Sign in to follow this  
Guest Perfguru

747&fs9 Entering Irs Data

Guest Perfguru

Hi there,after reinstalling my Queen I'm no longer able to enter the IRS Data into the FMC.I switch the knobs from OFF to NAV, open the FMC and when I try to copy the IRS Postitionthe FMC tells me to enter the IRS Position. After clearing this message I try to copy it againand again and again.I also use FS2CREW. Does this matter?If there's anybody out there who can help....please do so :-)Perfguru

Hi there,after reinstalling my Queen I'm no longer able to enter the IRS Data into the FMC.I switch the knobs from OFF to NAV, open the FMC and when I try to copy the IRS Postitionthe FMC tells me to enter the IRS Position. After clearing this message I try to copy it againand again and again.I also use FS2CREW. Does this matter?If there's anybody out there who can help....please do so :-)Perfguru
Hi,Not sure what it is you're actually doing. You set the IRS 1 to 3.. to OFF... then you set the IRS 1 to 3 to NAV.. The alignment process begins, as you've instructed the system to do a complete re-alignment of the IRS. The FMC should then be waiting for an initial position for the IRS point. You enter your current position as this reference into the FMC. If it chimes "ENTER IRS POS" what it's saying to you is "This position you have entered differs a lot from the position I last recorded, are you sure this position is correct?".. I imagine this is not such a big issue in the real world, but since we move out a/c around alot within FS this message often appears. I assume once you receive this message, you CLR it, and then re-enter the same position you used previously to confirm. At this point you need do nothing more.. if the FMC hasn't chimed "ENTER IRS POS" then it has accepted the position you have provided it with. Simply re-entering the same position over the top again will do nothing, the position is entered and accepted already. Once you have done this the FMC will simply sit there with that position accepted, the displays will not come to life until your IRS has been aligned. My suspicion is, that you've changed the alignment time from "instant" to "10 minutes".. Look at the ND Display, it should provide you with a time for the L.. C.. and R IRS'... something like... >L IRS 7 mins etc.. something like that I can't remember exactly what it is! Check your ND display isn't showing the IRS in an alignment process.A shot of your ND on here once you've entered your position twice into the FMC would show us instantly if this is the case.CheersCraig

Craig Read, EGLL

It will ask to enter the lat/lon twice in many cases. In all cases, you should see empty boxes in the scratch pad before you paste the latlon info.Do you have the options menu set to quick IRS calibration and/or are you waiting for the timeout?

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest Perfguru

Thank you very much for your replies.Finally I got through by changing the allign time.Now I'm working on a solution to get my doors closed before taxiwith FSPax and AES.... :-)cheers