Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

Anything To Track Ai Traffic?

I'm looking for a program that shows you flight plans or where AI is going...Anything out there?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I'm looking for a program that shows you flight plans or where AI is going...Anything out there?
The SDK has apps that show AI start, AI destination, time, aircraft, etc. They are Traffic Explorer and an AI radar applet. If you install the SDK they are easily accessible from FSX menu. Do you know how to install the SDK?There is also a payware app that does it. There was a brief article about it here at AVSIM a little while ago but I can't remember the name of the app. It seemed to me, to be a re-hash, plus a little more, of the SDK apps, in a little nicer format.Not quite sure what you mean by "show flight plans"--if all you mean is show departure and arrival airport then the SDK app and the pay app both do that. On the other hand if you mean the waypoints, etc. then I can tell you that AI aircraft only follow Great Circle routes in FS.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Well let's say I find a random cessna doing T+G's at my local strip. He then departs for somewhere. How can I tell where's he's going? That's what I want to do.Yeah i have the sdk installed already

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Well let's say I find a random cessna doing T+G's at my local strip. He then departs for somewhere. How can I tell where's he's going? That's what I want to do.Yeah i have the sdk installed already
Once installed, the Traffic Explorer will show the origin and destination of all AI aircraft withinyour vacinity. You simply open the Explorer window from the inflight drop-down menu.You can click on any aircraft in the list and a small window will oipen showing thataircraft, be it on the ground or in flight. Paul

Wide-5.jpg

I also use the great flight planner, 'Flight Sim Commander' to track my AI, They all show up, with flight info, in real time on the map. Great to use on a client PC across the network.

Well let's say I find a random cessna doing T+G's at my local strip. He then departs for somewhere. How can I tell where's he's going? That's what I want to do.
Ok then you can do that with the SDK tool, Traffic Explorer. Do you know how to access it?

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

If you just want to quickly see the basic flightplan of an AI plane, edit the default AI aircraft labels (Options/Settings/Display/Traffic-Aircraft Labels).In the [AContain] section of the fsx.cfg file, add or modify the line:ShowLabelFlightPlan=1The label will then show, for example, KSEA - KLAX (IFR).Another useful one is:ShowLabelAirlineAndFlightNumber=1John

Ok then you can do that with the SDK tool, Traffic Explorer. Do you know how to access it?
No. Is it an .exe in the sdk installation folder?The only thing I know how to do is when in-game, you click on new view->and can view AI acft in your vicinity.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

No. Is it an .exe in the sdk installation folder?The only thing I know how to do is when in-game, you click on new view->and can view AI acft in your vicinity.
To add the Traffic Toolbot to your FSX drop-down menu, you need an entry similar to this in your"dll.xml" file:
  <Launch.Addon>	<Name>Traffic Toolbox</Name>	<Disabled>False</Disabled>	<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>	<Path>I:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK\traffictoolbox.dll</Path>  </Launch.Addon>

The Path statement must reflect the path to where your FSX SDK is installed.The dll.xml file, in XP, is located in the "Documents and Settings\<user>\Application Date\Microsoft\FSX"Here is my entire dll.xml for reference. Note that I have three parts of the SDK installed as well as a registered copy of FSUIPC:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?><SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">  <Descr>Launch</Descr>  <Filename>dll.xml</Filename>  <Disabled>False</Disabled>  <Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>  <Launch.Addon>	<Name>Object Placement Tool</Name>	<Disabled>False</Disabled>	<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>	<Path>I:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Mission Creation Kit\object_placement.dll</Path>  </Launch.Addon>  <Launch.Addon>	<Name>Traffic Toolbox</Name>	<Disabled>False</Disabled>	<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>	<Path>I:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK\traffictoolbox.dll</Path>  </Launch.Addon>  <Launch.Addon>	<Name>Visual Effects Tool</Name>	<Disabled>False</Disabled>	<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>	<Path>I:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Special Effects SDK\visualfxtool.dll</Path>  </Launch.Addon>  <Launch.Addon>		<Name>FSUIPC 4</Name>		<Disabled>False</Disabled>		<Path>Modules\FSUIPC4.dll</Path>	</Launch.Addon></SimBase.Document>

Paul

Wide-5.jpg

Thank you all!!!The "explorer" is EXACTLY what I was looking for!!! Sweet!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |