Sign in to follow this  
Guest Michael_2

Problems With Sids And Stars

Guest Michael_2

I have VoxAtc 5.55 and have never used a previous version. I am really enjoying this program, although my wife has now begun in earnest to question my sanity after seeing me talking to the computer -- that's a whole other issue I don't propose to get help with here. Anyhow, I cannot get SIDs or STARS to work. I know there is an issue with these and note the following advice from the Vox website: Before loading a flight with a SID or a STAR, load a different flight. When that flight has loaded, load the flight with SID and/or STAR. This is because MSFS makes a copy of the relevent files for the last flight you made. If you reload that flight it will load the copy and the association between the flight name and the defind SIDs and STARs will be lost. If you load another flight first this does not happen. [i simply have no idea what the issue is this is supposed to address]I think if I understood the problem explained in the FAQ, I could understand as well why I never get clearances to fly my SIDS and STARS. I have created a saved flight with embedded flight plan including the SID adn STAR waypoints. I have then used the VOX SID/STAR editor to set the start and stop waypoints, etc. I then restart FSX, randomly load a flight, then exit and load the flight I want to fly (I think that is what the workaround intends me to do). But it doesn't work -- I am never told to fly the SID or STAR.Does anyone know what I am doing wrong or missing?

Guest tegoid

You need to load a different flight before loading the flight with the SID/STAR. Follow these steps:1. Start FSX and go to free flight.2. Click on the 'Load' button and select the flight 'VoxATC IFR Kansas City Intl to Eppley'3. Click on 'Fly Now' and let the flight load4. When the flight has loaded, select Flights - Load from the menu5. Select your flight with the SID/STAR6. Click on 'Fly Now'7. Enable VoxATCYou should now have a flight where you are cleared for you SID and/or STAR

Thanks again -- that did the trick. Previously I was using escape to exit the "pre-load" flight, rather than using the drop down flight menu from within that flight.

Michael Cependa

Developer Aerosoft DC-8