Sign in to follow this  

Scenery Object Not Found Errors

That's the culprit alright! When I open Vancouver airport, I see seven of those - one right after the other. After clicking on each of them, the scenery functions perfectly well until I happen to 'look' in the direction that the object error is coming from. I'm sure each error message must refer to a specific object but I haven't been able to find anyway of relating those numbers and letters back to a specific scenery file. Would make a great utility if it could be done.

Larry:Another thing to consider if the prop suggestion does not fix your problem, is to download and install Gerrish Gray's wonderful tree textures "trees_v3.zip". Many scenery creators use these textures in their scenery creations, and if you have not installed these tree textures you will get these messages.

I have been following this thread with interest, particularly the references to my Vancouver scenery, presumably version3.1.To date there have been over 4600 downloads and I have had two complaints about

Nigel,Sorry if the way I explained the problem I was experiencing made it sound if your airport was the probable culprit. Vancouver was simply one of several cities I was using to test the extent of my problem and, for reasons I know understand, it always displayed the error messages. I enjoy your version of CYVR very much, ever given any thought to doing CYOW? There are already excellent add-ons for both the city of Ottawa and the small GA airport at Rockcliffe but, to my knowledge, no one has upgraded the default International Airport. If you were prepared to take on that task, I'd use whatever influence I have here to let the Canucks win one game against the Senators in the finals.LarryOttawa

Hi Nigel:I just solved the problem I was having re this subject. In my case, it was caused by the disappearance of the "vancouv" default scenery reference in scenery.cfg. (How it got lost I do not know) Once I put it back in the problem I described to you a few days ago went away. I now plan to more fully enjoy your excellent Vancouver scenery. I was pretty sure early on in my investigation that the problem was not with your scenery as the same problem cropped up with the default and one other Vancouver scenery that I had been using.I have a similar problem with a KMMU (Morristown NJ) scenery that I recently downloaded but have not yet found what is missing there. If anyone out there knows what it might be, I would be glad to know.Thank you for your assistance and alerting me to this forum. I got a lot of help from it with this problemPeter

Guest captbulldog

You mean this thing? I hate it so much :-madI get it when I sit and look around at oxnard, ca. I hope a definite solution will appear in this thread. I'm going to try the suggestions here when I get home.