Sign in to follow this  
philwebb

Launching Rc Freezes Fs..

SirsAfter a lengthy absence of around 18 months I am back simming again! Life eh, just gets in the way!Anyway when I last used it RC was working very nicely, now it isn't!I am running the following combo...FS9, Active Sky 6.5 FSUIPC 3.53. under XP, err as I was when it was working fine.Tried to think what I might have done since last running it successfully...?I fitted a new Graphics card to the PC. Still in the nVidia family but a better spec (but still an old spec - not the latest card by a long chalk! :((I added a whole load of FS add-on software like scenery and a/c etc. recentlyNot sure if I updated FSUIPC in this time or not. On 3.53 now.I am running under XP - auto updated to the max!I try to alt return to get back to a full FS9 screen after dropping out of it to load a plan in RC and it just freezes needing a ctrl alt del to get out of it and FS and so on.Should I uninstall RC and reinstall it maybe? I now have 4.5 downladed, should I move up to that maybe?TIA Let me know if you need more info and I will do my best!Phil Webb

SirsAfter a lengthy absence of around 18 months I am back simming again! Life eh, just gets in the way!Anyway when I last used it RC was working very nicely, now it isn't!I am running the following combo...FS9, Active Sky 6.5 FSUIPC 3.53. under XP, err as I was when it was working fine.Tried to think what I might have done since last running it successfully...?I fitted a new Graphics card to the PC. Still in the nVidia family but a better spec (but still an old spec - not the latest card by a long chalk! :((I added a whole load of FS add-on software like scenery and a/c etc. recentlyNot sure if I updated FSUIPC in this time or not. On 3.53 now.I am running under XP - auto updated to the max!I try to alt return to get back to a full FS9 screen after dropping out of it to load a plan in RC and it just freezes needing a ctrl alt del to get out of it and FS and so on.Should I uninstall RC and reinstall it maybe? I now have 4.5 downladed, should I move up to that maybe?TIA Let me know if you need more info and I will do my best!Phil Webb
Welcome back!I would update FSUIPC to the latest version as well as Makerways.Update Rc to 4.5 at the same time.I run FS9 in a window with FS menu bar at the top of the screen and I activate RC from a quck launch icon.I do not have any problems with RC freezing.Up date RC and FSUIPC and give it another go.RegardsNorman Bowman

Welcome back!I would update FSUIPC to the latest version as well as Makerways.Update Rc to 4.5 at the same time.I run FS9 in a window with FS menu bar at the top of the screen and I activate RC from a quck launch icon.I do not have any problems with RC freezing.Up date RC and FSUIPC and give it another go.RegardsNorman Bowman
Norman, thanks for getting back to me.I have done a number of things since I posted...I moed up to a later version of FSUIP...made no difference!I uninstalled then reinstalled RC (not the 4.5), No difference!I have upgraded to the latest Graphic card drivers, no difference.I cut my net connection and truned off my Avast! anti virus and that made a bit of difference! The switch back to fs used to result in a frozen FS screen and the hourglass mouse symbol and nothing else! Then I had to ctrl alt del FS and RC... Now the FS screen goes black, RC dialogue appears in the ADV box and then FS quits out all by itself and offers to send an erro report.! SO progress of a kind!Moving to RC4.5 is the next logical thing to do, wll try that later. Phil

what is rc v4.5? the last released version is 4.3. where did you find 4.5?if rc isn't running, does fs freeze when started? i don't think it can be rc if that is the case.you could move your fsuipc.ini file out of \modules, restart fs, let fsuipc create a new fsuipc.ini file, and see what happens...are there any error messages when it freezes? are you running vista?are there any other add-ons? planes, panels, scenery? disable them, one at a time, see which is the culprit.let us know where/what happens nextjd

Norman, thanks for getting back to me.I have done a number of things since I posted...I moed up to a later version of FSUIP...made no difference!I uninstalled then reinstalled RC (not the 4.5), No difference!I have upgraded to the latest Graphic card drivers, no difference.I cut my net connection and truned off my Avast! anti virus and that made a bit of difference! The switch back to fs used to result in a frozen FS screen and the hourglass mouse symbol and nothing else! Then I had to ctrl alt del FS and RC... Now the FS screen goes black, RC dialogue appears in the ADV box and then FS quits out all by itself and offers to send an erro report.! SO progress of a kind!Moving to RC4.5 is the next logical thing to do, wll try that later. Phil

Apologies - not sure why 4.5 is stuck in my head! Wishful thinking perhaps??! :( My version is 4.0.3675 as installed - and now re-installed!I now have 4.3 downloaded ready to go! Not 4.5! Sorry, me mistake! As I had to have a new key for it yesterday after the reinstall, will I need another new key if I upgrade? I think I read that the upgrade technique was to uninstall the old version then install the new - so I guess I will need a new key.Anyway, I will try the .ini file bit you suggested first then maybe upgrade?Without RC FS runs just fine. It runs with other addons like Active Sky and Ultimate Traffic and so forth. What it doesnt seem to like is me loading a plan into RC and then returning to full screen mode. It used to, but not now, clearly something changed I just can't work out what. But I will try the inin idea forst.Thanks for the supportPhil

what is rc v4.5? the last released version is 4.3. where did you find 4.5?if rc isn't running, does fs freeze when started? i don't think it can be rc if that is the case.you could move your fsuipc.ini file out of \modules, restart fs, let fsuipc create a new fsuipc.ini file, and see what happens...are there any error messages when it freezes? are you running vista?are there any other add-ons? planes, panels, scenery? disable them, one at a time, see which is the culprit.let us know where/what happens nextjd

OK - I might have stumbled across the problem here!?When I came back to simming the other day and fired everything up and trid to use it so unsuccessfully, one of the things I did was to do a flight plan in FS Nav, which first of all I exported as a radar contact file. I then remembered that you needed to export as an FS2004 file, which I then did.Then I tried to start RC with FS and the results are documented above.I noticed late on tonight, that the two versions of the file were still where I saved them, differing extensions, but identical file names. I had been importing the .pln file into RC, but I now wonder if 1) that file was corrupt, or 2) there was some sort of conflict with RC trying to read from both files?You will of course know more about the potential of this than I do - it's just a hunch really.Any, to try to rule everything out I could, I exported another copy of the flight plan in fs2004 format and saved it in another directory, RC's own directory this time in fact. Then I started FS, switched out of full screen mode, fired up RC, loaded the new plan from the new location, started RC, returned to FS and switched back to full screen mode SUCCESSFULY!I ran FS and RC for a few mins to test and it all worked very nicely indeed! Just like old times! So I think I am sorted.Maybe tomorrow if I get chance / time I will try to prove it by actually flying the plan.Comments?Thanks again for the good support....and RC of course! :( Phil Webb :( (UK)

send me the .pln that didn't work, and i'll try it herejd

OK - I might have stumbled across the problem here!?When I came back to simming the other day and fired everything up and trid to use it so unsuccessfully, one of the things I did was to do a flight plan in FS Nav, which first of all I exported as a radar contact file. I then remembered that you needed to export as an FS2004 file, which I then did.Then I tried to start RC with FS and the results are documented above.I noticed late on tonight, that the two versions of the file were still where I saved them, differing extensions, but identical file names. I had been importing the .pln file into RC, but I now wonder if 1) that file was corrupt, or 2) there was some sort of conflict with RC trying to read from both files?You will of course know more about the potential of this than I do - it's just a hunch really.Any, to try to rule everything out I could, I exported another copy of the flight plan in fs2004 format and saved it in another directory, RC's own directory this time in fact. Then I started FS, switched out of full screen mode, fired up RC, loaded the new plan from the new location, started RC, returned to FS and switched back to full screen mode SUCCESSFULY!I ran FS and RC for a few mins to test and it all worked very nicely indeed! Just like old times! So I think I am sorted.Maybe tomorrow if I get chance / time I will try to prove it by actually flying the plan.Comments?Thanks again for the good support....and RC of course! :( Phil Webb :( (UK)

send me the .pln that didn't work, and i'll try it herejd
Hi Phil,I like you have been absent from flying due to illness,in my case,and it took me a little time to get up to speed again.Glad to see that you are getting sorted out with jds ever good service.We have all needed his assistance at some stage in the past.I often wonder how he can make progress with RC5 as well as keeping the forum replies flowing.Thanks a lot jd.Norman Bowman

luckily i have a lot of help from the beta testers who often are beating me to the question. from the people who have far more knowledge about fs (scenery, planes, etc) than i do. from people like you who have become very proficient at using radar contact, and can help others reach their full potential.jd

Hi Phil,I like you have been absent from flying due to illness,in my case,and it took me a little time to get up to speed again.Glad to see that you are getting sorted out with jds ever good service.We have all needed his assistance at some stage in the past.I often wonder how he can make progress with RC5 as well as keeping the forum replies flowing.Thanks a lot jd.Norman Bowman

Sorry jd, I deleted it!Tried it again tonigh - all still well!Thanks againPhil

luckily i have a lot of help from the beta testers who often are beating me to the question. from the people who have far more knowledge about fs (scenery, planes, etc) than i do. from people like you who have become very proficient at using radar contact, and can help others reach their full potential.jd