Sign in to follow this  
Dicko

X-graphics With Pmdg 747x And Md11

Can anyone give any feedback with the compatibility with X-Graphics and PMDG 747x and MD11? Any known problems?

Andrew Dixon
"If common sense was compulsory everyone would have it but I am afraid this is not the case"

Can anyone give any feedback with the compatibility with X-Graphics and PMDG 747x and MD11? Any known problems?
No known issues with the 744 but it screws up the lights on the MD-11.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Ryan, is there a successful workaround for this? Just deciding whether to buy the program. If it stuffs up my MD 11, I will pass.

Andrew Dixon
"If common sense was compulsory everyone would have it but I am afraid this is not the case"

In the advanced X-Graphics options, under "Lights and Sounds", disable "Aircraft Strobe" and "Landing Lights".X-Graphics is texture replacement. As part of the install the product will offer to backup up your existing FSX textures, so even if you initially enable all X-graphics options, if you find that something breaks with a particular aircraft or scenery just do a restore and then deselect the conflicting options in X Graphics before you re-enable it.Of course, if you use multiple texture replacement products you will need to do some thinking :)The specific issue with the MD-11 is that the landing lights appear on the ground several hundred meters in front of the aircraft and displaced off to the sides. Deselecting the above options fixes it.Tom

I have purchased REX but with all the issues people seem to be having in am now looking at ASA and X-Graphics as an alternative. If I understand correctly what you have said this issue with the lights can be fixed by deselecting the option mentioned in the previous post using the control panel in XG.This seems an easy and quick fix.Andrew

Andrew Dixon

I use XGraphics, and except for replacing the spotlight.bmp (or whatever it's name was) to fix the landing lights, I do not have a problem with 747/MD11... that's not to say I have could have one this evening.I do like their skyscapes, which was the whole point of getting it in the first place.

Dan Downs KCRP

I use XGraphics, and except for replacing the spotlight.bmp (or whatever it's name was) to fix the landing lights, I do not have a problem with 747/MD11... that's not to say I have could have one this evening.I do like their skyscapes, which was the whole point of getting it in the first place.
Dan, what is the procedure to replace the Spotlight bmp file?

Andrew Dixon

For the landing lights to be compatible with some addons aircraft, you have to select landing lights for addons aircraft, install them, after uncheck them in the advanced install to not be replaced for future sessions, anyone did this? also uncheck the landing lights in advanced install will not install the landing light and use the one that you have.

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Check the spotlight.bmp file in the FSX/Texture folder. The original is 43KB. If it different size then replace it with the original.

Dan Downs KCRP