Sign in to follow this  
Guest jryan54

Gathering Ideas For An Assignment

Guest jryan54

Howdy everyone!Well firstly, let me say that this forum rocks!. I've been lurking around here for ages but only just recently got around to signing up :)I'm currently doing some programming courses at uni and for one of my assignments I have to design an application. So what better thing than to code for something I love...Flight sim. The only thing is that i'm having trouble coming up with ideas on what to do (the lack of creativity in me obviously lol). So I was hoping that some of you guys could throw some ideas at me of addon apps that you would really like to see created for either FS9 or FSX.Any Ideas much appreciated no matter how large or small...and if its something cool and within my coding ability i'll start work on whipping it up and then upload it as freeware and hopfully score a High Disctinction (aussie equiv of an A+) on it at the same time lol :)Cheers Everyonejryan

Howdy everyone!Well firstly, let me say that this forum rocks!. I've been lurking around here for ages but only just recently got around to signing up :)I'm currently doing some programming courses at uni and for one of my assignments I have to design an application. So what better thing than to code for something I love...Flight sim. The only thing is that i'm having trouble coming up with ideas on what to do (the lack of creativity in me obviously lol). So I was hoping that some of you guys could throw some ideas at me of addon apps that you would really like to see created for either FS9 or FSX.Any Ideas much appreciated no matter how large or small...and if its something cool and within my coding ability i'll start work on whipping it up and then upload it as freeware and hopfully score a High Disctinction (aussie equiv of an A+) on it at the same time lol :)Cheers Everyonejryan
Many of us would love to have a utility which would allow you select and display any of the "effects" - files which have an fx extension - so we could preview them and see what they actually do without having to set up the sim. Hope that makes sense.That may not be possible but sure would be cool to have.

Animated and preprogrammable pushback.Of course there are now more options than the terrible default Shift+P. There are two freeware gauges at AVSIM, as well as FSCopilot by MCDU.But it would be great to have a universal pushback gauge with a simple animated tug pushing the plane.Something like this is available when using AES from Aerosoft. But AES does service only a limited number of airports.Another idea could be a followme car (also available in AES) following AFCAD's created taxiways to guide us to the assigned gate.Best regards,Rafal

A simple request: :( I like to see a DLL with a configurable setting, either in the menu or via a cfg file for failures and engine management.Not just your daily failures, but a bit indepth.Should be rather easy if you can make a FS DLL and communicate with fsuipc. I cant, but always want something like that.Please let me know if you want details.Johan

I would like to have a utility program that would convert vasFMC flight plan files to FS Navigator files and convert FS Navigator files to vasFMC files. See sites below:http://vas-project.org/http://www.fsnavigator.com/There is a program to covert vasFMC files to FS9 flight plan files and FS Navigator will export FS Navigator files to FS9 files.Thanks for seeking user input on this assignment.

Guest jryan54
I would like to have a utility program that would convert vasFMC flight plan files to FS Navigator files and convert FS Navigator files to vasFMC files. See sites below:http://vas-project.org/http://www.fsnavigator.com/There is a program to covert vasFMC files to FS9 flight plan files and FS Navigator will export FS Navigator files to FS9 files.Thanks for seeking user input on this assignment.
Hey there are some really good ideas coming down the pipe...keep them coming and in a few days ill decide and post which one I will complete (I would love to do them all eventually).Cheersjryan

If you look for failures on the forums, you will see there is almost nothing good. But.. yes there are some general utilities, but a burden and not much usable.

Guest jryan54
If you look for failures on the forums, you will see there is almost nothing good. But.. yes there are some general utilities, but a burden and not much usable.
Hi John,Actually, putting together a good failures utility sounds like a really good idea. So i'm going to start work on this program shortly and hopefully can have a beta version out after christmas. If you have any ideas of specific features you would like to see or some random ideas for implementation...i'm all ears.Thanks For the Input Everyone!

Hi,I see a DLL, to set and forget (just a little).Most important of course is engine management. Besides the random failure of an engine, also engine management, or better mis management must be modelled. Like absue of the engine, high rpm for a settable time must kill the engine for example. If you can, start with overheat, set engine oil temperature high, then pressure and eventually kill the engine.You can also look into the accumulated engine time what FS stores in files. And raise the probability.Then, landing gear collapse after a rough landing. Of malfunction it by not lowering it.And the obious system malfunctions, like killing one electric generator or two, and the avionics failures. (not too often these are reported in accidents).And the notorious fuel leak, hydraulics leaks.Johan

Great idea on the random failure generator based on use and abuse. How about maintenance also? If you don't maintain yoru aircraft, parts will fail (engines, tires, hydraulics, etc). Lago had FSMaintenance for FS2002 years ago...nothing has ever come out like it again. It was a neat little gadget that was fun.

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

FSPassengers comes with a random failure gen and maintenance mode. It is payware however.I would love to see an all in one fuel calculator for several planes in one easy to use utility.

I have one for you.How about a module, or maybe a gauge that would change the way float planes act in FS9. Make them act more like floaters act in the RW. In the RW once that prop starts spinning the plane starts moving if it's not restrained. You certainly don't have to apply full throttle to get them moving.Always been my one disappointment with FS9.

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

I would love to see a more interactive version of FS passengers - and something that would be more indepth - for example, if I spend x amount of money in advertising I should be able to see a little increase in passengers, etc - also a failure that would fail the gps, so that it forces you to get a back up flight plan, using vor, etc navigation.

Ciao!