Sign in to follow this  
Jakob Arnholtz

Bump Maps And Speculars In Fsx

Hi.I would like to add Bump maps and speculars to CLS 747 and Captain sim C-130. The aircrafts where not borne with those features, and i am wondering, if it can be done at all, or should I just forget about it.By the way, how do you get to the SDK in FSX?KindlyJakob Arnholtz :(

Hi,As far as I know it is not possible to add these files.The modelfile is not made to be working with these files..The SDK( for wich service packs are available to upgrade to SP2) is on the Deluxe Edition-DVD Leen de Jager

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints

Perhaps I am seeing things that are not there, if so : my apologies, but doesn't the CS C130 have bump maps?

Perhaps I am seeing things that are not there, if so : my apologies, but doesn't the CS C130 have bump maps?
Ya know......You may be right!They just don't appear to have any detail added.Look at...C130_1_T.dds and it has C130_1_T_Bump.ddsIt looks like they didn't finish it.The main texture is 1024X1024 at 1,025kb but the "Bump" is 32X32 at 2kb.So it appears to be "Mapped" for "Bumps" just not done!Any takers?Jeff

Ya know......You may be right!They just don't appear to have any detail added.Look at...C130_1_T.dds and it has C130_1_T_Bump.ddsIt looks like they didn't finish it.The main texture is 1024X1024 at 1,025kb but the "Bump" is 32X32 at 2kb.So it appears to be "Mapped" for "Bumps" just not done!Any takers?Jeff
I wouldn't say they aren't finished. I'd say the CS TA's add a 'just 'bout right', bump, combined with specs. Sometimes it is difficult to see whether or not the rivets are bumped, or that the depress panels are 'specced'. When combined you can achieve a dynamite looking result. So yeah, they're there, just reaaaaaaally softly applied.

I wouldn't say they aren't finished. I'd say the CS TA's add a 'just 'bout right', bump, combined with specs. Sometimes it is difficult to see whether or not the rivets are bumped, or that the depress panels are 'specced'. When combined you can achieve a dynamite looking result. So yeah, they're there, just reaaaaaaally softly applied.
Huh?.......... :( The texture sizes don't match for the main texture and the bump maps?And DXT.Bmp allows you to easily view them. And the 'Bump' maps had no detail.Jeff

Huh?.......... :( The texture sizes don't match for the main texture and the bump maps?And DXT.Bmp allows you to easily view them. And the 'Bump' maps had no detail.Jeff
Perhaps you have a different Captain Sim C130 then, cause I just opened the C130_1_T.DDS which is the same size as the C130_1_T_Bump.DDSm which resides in the fall back texture folder. Also, the map is bumped.

Perhaps you have a different Captain Sim C130 then, cause I just opened the C130_1_T.DDS which is the same size as the C130_1_T_Bump.DDSm which resides in the fall back texture folder. Also, the map is bumped.
fsscr425c130.jpgWell.....This becomes interesting!Mine are not like they should be then.Jeff

Appareantly not. My bump maps, I take out the fallback folder. I am not home atm, so I can't tell you more than that... Sorry.