Sign in to follow this  
HoratioWondersocks

Panels Can Different Ones Affect Performance?

HelloThis last week or so i have been trying out the ATR 72-500 (ISDT)but ia m having mixed fortunes with this aircraft.The pane i use was created by Claus Vendelboe this is a fine looking panel,but it may(i am not sure date back to FS2002)anyway trying a couple of flights with the ATR(ISDT VER2)It seems woefully underpowered(climb laboured and horrible nose up attitude)i thought this had been sorted by ISDT in there v2 model so i took it for a flight,but exasperation it was still underpowered,the only thing i could think of doing was trying a different panel(not nearly as good looking as the Claus Vendelboe one though)but when i changed mid-flight the planes performance seemed to be restored 220-230 mph cruise as opposed to 180 max before.In my usual long winded way what i would like to know is...Can Panels affect performance?i would have guessed not,but it seems they can in my case the ATR.CHEERS Andy

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

Guest belga1

Hello,Panels can certainly affect performances matter FPS !Not so sure about the performances of the plane .. think air file involved in this matter and some aircraft.cfg parameters aswell...Regards.xmas_kt009.gif

Guest zacharace

For sure they do. This may be off a bit, but I think it has something to do with the complexity and resource requirements of the gauges involved (ie, a panel with a weather radar would probably hit FPS harder than a panel without).Not sure that I can suggest any remedies, though, except finding another panel :( . Turning VC off (if this is applicable) may also help.

For sure they do. This may be off a bit, but I think it has something to do with the complexity and resource requirements of the gauges involved (ie, a panel with a weather radar would probably hit FPS harder than a panel without).Not sure that I can suggest any remedies, though, except finding another panel :( . Turning VC off (if this is applicable) may also help.
From his post, it seems he is talking about aircraft and not computer performance. He mentions one cruising at a speed of 180 and the other at 220. The real question is if the plane is really doing 180, or if the gauge just says it is on the one panel. Several of the standard ASIs are marked with a red line at 180 knots. Does the overspeed tape appear at the bottom of the screen when you pass 180? Also, are these panels on the same model? You would see a Panel.X and a Panel.Y folder in the aircraft's folder if they are on the same plane and in the aircraft.cfg you will see one plane with Panel=X and the other with Panel=Y. If they are two separate models, they could just have two different .air files.

John Morgan

"There is a feeling about an airport that no other piece of ground can have. No matter what the name of the country on whose land it lies, an airport is a place you can see and touch that leads to a reality that can only be thought and felt." - The Bridge Across Forever: A Love Story by Richard Bach

I can detect no significant difference in FPS with either Reality Weather Radar or GPS in the DreamFleet Bonanza or Baron aircraft. As far as I can tell, good or poor FPS depends greatly on the skill level of the specific airplane developers.Alex Reid DreamFleet Bonanza- rainy afternoon near Port Orchard WA. (AMD XP2200 1.8 GHz, GeForce FX 5200s)

From his post, it seems he is talking about aircraft and not computer performance. He mentions one cruising at a speed of 180 and the other at 220. The real question is if the plane is really doing 180, or if the gauge just says it is on the one panel. Several of the standard ASIs are marked with a red line at 180 knots. Does the overspeed tape appear at the bottom of the screen when you pass 180? Also, are these panels on the same model? You would see a Panel.X and a Panel.Y folder in the aircraft's folder if they are on the same plane and in the aircraft.cfg you will see one plane with Panel=X and the other with Panel=Y. If they are two separate models, they could just have two different .air files.
Hello You have got it. Its not the PC performance,but the planes.The model i was trying at the time was ISDT ATR 72-500...PANEL A detailed and rather nice(some bugs as admitted by creator)I could barely manges 180 KTS (no overspeed message by the way)either with ATR autothrottle(not true autothrottle)or trying manually full throttle engine torque something horrible still only 180-185 kts.PANEL B not as nice looking as A and in the same plane model continuing my flight the aircraft's performance was back to normal ie flight was level and in the region of 220-235 kts. at fl20(approx)I f i am imagining things then i am a baboon.cheers Andy

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

Guest RonB49
Hello You have got it. Its not the PC performance,but the planes.The model i was trying at the time was ISDT ATR 72-500...PANEL A detailed and rather nice(some bugs as admitted by creator)I could barely manges 180 KTS (no overspeed message by the way)either with ATR autothrottle(not true autothrottle)or trying manually full throttle engine torque something horrible still only 180-185 kts.PANEL B not as nice looking as A and in the same plane model continuing my flight the aircraft's performance was back to normal ie flight was level and in the region of 220-235 kts. at fl20(approx)I f i am imagining things then i am a baboon.cheers Andy
I think one of those panels is spoofing you. Do the engine gauges (Torque, RPM, etc.) read the same on the two panels? Do the airspeeds, as reflected on the red - Shift+z display, read the same with the two panels? Does it take the same amount of time to fly a known or measured distance with the two panels?Ill bet that if you check, you'll find all those things are the same. Try it and let us know. It is an interesting observation and I now have a couple of panels that I am going to test.R-