Sign in to follow this  
rhodges

Sf8-f-86ef_sabre Question?

In the "f86ef_ref.htm" file, I do find the writeup for the autopilot. The first line states: "47 Automatic Pilot Master Switch - Selects one of the following modes for the [completely fictitious and non authentic] AFCS [automatic flight control system]". The following line states: "OFF: The autopilot is turned off, but the Heading Selector Knob and the VS Selector may be used to pre-select a setting for the desired heading course and vertical speed, which will become effective, if one of the other modes is activated later." The rest of the instruction lines give a summary of the other mode functions [i.e. "ALT, HDG, ADF, NAV].When I move my "Autopilot Master" selector switch to any of the other mode functions except "OFF" it will not stay there and rotates automatically back to "OFF".Alexis Esauerra's excellent review of this beautiful bird mentions active use of this autopilot so I assume that although "fictitious" (not in the real world), that it is useable for FS. My problem as stated above is that I have not thus far figured out how to turn it on. I find no mention in either the manual or readme fine of the autopilot. In the htm. file, the only reference I see is the "OFF" paragraph mentioned above. If someone could point out where I have overlooked this information or give me the solution, it sure would be appreciated.I totally agree with Alexis that this bird is a must have for anyone interested in this type of aircraft. And FREEWARE on top of that. Thanks so much Jan Visser, Hansjoerg, Robert, Cliff, Jan Rosenberg and Dudley!Respectfully:RTH

Found it:The Main Instrument Inverter Switch, Item 8, section D. VHF Receivers & IFF/SIF Control Panels of the htm file was not on.Happy Flying:RTH

Probably just me, but I would like to ask if anyone else is seeing the following, whether it is normal, and if not if anyone knows of a solution.First of all, if I start out with a cold start, I don't think my "Alternate Alt-On" hyd. pressure light ever goes out. I do have ample normal and utility hyd. pressure on my gauge (as well as alternate press.) Everything works, and this does not cause any problem, but I am just curious if it should ever go out. The only time I see the light extinguished is if I select this bird from another with the engine running.My second question: Is anyone else having trouble with air starts after a flameout? I believe I have tried the "11. Glide and Airstart" procedure as instructed in the checklist repeadedly as well as trying every other combination I can think of, but can not achieve a restart with the exception of the following: I can restart the engine with the default MSFS procedure of pressing the "Control+E" keys. The check list states: "Do not turn on emergency fuel system unless main system has actually failed." Trying a restart as instructed, the low fuel pressure light is not on. It only comes on if I go through the Control+E routine, and then of course goes out as the engine starts. The instructions also state: "[FS: Engine widnmilling is not simulated. Minimum airspeed needed for restart is 185 Kts. IAS.]" In order to initiate a flameout, I have tried both closing my mixture, and turning the "Engine Master" Switch off. Immediately the RPM drops to zero. The "Gen Off" light turns on. It seems that not only is the RPM indication not simulated, but neither is actual turbine rotation for a restart. Is anyone being successful with an airstart?This plane is more fun than a new puppy or a wild woman (or man if you are a lady aviator). I highly recommend it.Thanks:RTH