Sign in to follow this  
DavyC

X-engine Has Stopped Working

HiI have been using ASX build 1160 for some time with FSX SP 2, Vista Home. Never had any problems apart from wind until last few days.After a few minutes I get the folling message from VistaX-Engine has stopped working and will be closed.I have re-installed - no successI have uninstalled (with difficulties) and re-installed - did one long haul flight with no problem. Although last two flights have resulted in the same.I installed V-route recently and thought that might have caused the problem, so I used a flight plan from FSBuild - same error.I had tried wind smoothing recently - disabled this - same errorTotally lost, is there a log file that may assist.I also run FSCommander and BAV Acars when flying but I have always used these with no problems.ThanksDavy C

Hi,Another strange one. Any anti-virus running? Look for XEngine.log and post that file. That might have some clues.Also, run with FSX/ASX and a default plane and see what happens.Thanks,

Hi JohnTried a default aircraft - no differnce.I have norton 360 but have been using this for a long time with no problems - I have changed the firewall setting to allow everything - no difference.Here is the xengine.log content.15:59:18: Logging Initialized15:59:18: XEngine v1.0.0.332 Copyright

Hi,Was FSX started first in this last case?Try starting ASX, then FSX and post that same file.Thanks,

Hi,Was FSX started first in this last case?Try starting ASX, then FSX and post that same file.Thanks,
I just started getting the same problem, since Dec 7th. I've been using Active Sky X for about 1 year, this started a few days ago. The triggering event seems to be when setting the flight plan destination in the briefing. In my case KCMH to KEWR without importing a flight plan. Within a minute it fails. It seems to stay up as long as I do not set a departure or destination in the Briefing. I always load ASX and fully load a flight plan before starting FSX. To circumvent the error, I am avoiding setting the flight plan departure and destination.Windows Vista logs the following error: Problem Event Name: CLR20r3Problem Signature 01: xengine.exeProblem Signature 02: 1.0.0.332Problem Signature 03: 481f3d57Problem Signature 04: mscorlibProblem Signature 05: 2.0.0.0Problem Signature 06: 47577b16Problem Signature 07: 15cProblem Signature 08: 6cProblem Signature 09: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeOS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.1Locale ID: 1033Regards,Mike.

Hi Mike,This is going to get confusing because you posted in this thread and it is hard to keep track of things.Do you have Vista doing automatic updates and did you notice this started happening right after the latest update?Thanks,Jim

Hi Mike,This is going to get confusing because you posted in this thread and it is hard to keep track of things.Do you have Vista doing automatic updates and did you notice this started happening right after the latest update?Thanks,Jim
My apologies for adding confusion by echoing that I am experiencing the same failure. I do not know if a recent Windows Vista update can be tied to this issue as I've been on VISTA SP1 for months without any major upgrades other than what typically comes in. Perhaps opening another thread will add confusion elsewhere.

Hi Mike,Are you the same "Mike" that sent us an e-mail right after you posted this last post? If not, please drop me an e-mail: jim(AT)hifisim.comThanks,

Hi,I noticed I was getting the same error, starting about 2 days ago in Windows XP. I noticed that I got it less often if I didn't import a flight plan, but that could just be a coincidence.-stefan

Hi Mike,Any time to test it out?Thanks,
Yes, it was successful - did a 3.5 hr flight with flight plan and VATSIM weather enabled.I replied via email. I also reported the obsolete "support forum" link to the old avsim forum - which I hear is on the list to be fixed as well.Thanks,Mike D.

Yes, it was successful - did a 3.5 hr flight with flight plan and VATSIM weather enabled.I replied via email. I also reported the obsolete "support forum" link to the old avsim forum - which I hear is on the list to be fixed as well.Thanks,Mike D.
Thanks Mike.Everyone: An ASX SP4 public beta should be rolling out here very soon, in the next few days. In the mean time, if you are affected by this problem, please disable VATSIM mode, or do not use a flight plan as a workaround. Thanks!

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Everyone: An ASX SP4 public beta should be rolling out here very soon, in the next few days. In the mean time, if you are affected by this problem, please disable VATSIM mode, or do not use a flight plan as a workaround. Thanks!
Damian,I don't know if this is of use to anyone now (or if I should be adding to this thread at all as I don't want to confuse anyone). But I started getting the same problem with ASX/FSX, on the weekend before last when VATSIM evidently were in the process of a server upgrade or had just completed it. Ever since then I've been experiencing this premature shutdown of Xengine as well. But I don't think the issue is related to Vista, because my PC runs XP. I did however discover that if I disabled VATSIM weather downloads in the ASX settings, the problem did NOT occur. Wish I'd read this thread before spending most of an afternoon finding that out for myself :( . Looking forward to the SP4 public beta : will its release be announced here ?Thanks,Emile.

Cheers,
Emile Bax.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg