Sign in to follow this  
JeffEvans

Will New Larger Monitor Work?

I am currently running MFSX with Vista on a Intel Core 2 Duo CPU, E4500 @ 2.2GHz, 2200 Mhz, 2 Cores and 3 gigs of RAM. My graphics card is a Radeon X1300/X1550 Series, ATI Radeon Graphics Processor (0x7183), 1440x900 x 74 hertz, 32 bits/pixel, 256 MB RAM (not the best but all that will fit in my "slim case" computer). I am currently using a 19' Dell flatscreen monitor but am thinking of upgrading to a larger monitor, like maybe a 24'. Will this work with my system and will my FSX graphics remain clear and sharp.Thanks for the help.Jeff EvenRocklin, CA, USA

I am currently running MFSX with Vista on a Intel Core 2 Duo CPU, E4500 @ 2.2GHz, 2200 Mhz, 2 Cores and 3 gigs of RAM. My graphics card is a Radeon X1300/X1550 Series, ATI Radeon Graphics Processor (0x7183), 1440x900 x 74 hertz, 32 bits/pixel, 256 MB RAM (not the best but all that will fit in my "slim case" computer). I am currently using a 19' Dell flatscreen monitor but am thinking of upgrading to a larger monitor, like maybe a 24'. Will this work with my system and will my FSX graphics remain clear and sharp.Thanks for the help.Jeff EvenRocklin, CA, USA
Firstly you need to know what are the capabilities of your video card.I am not familar with your video card.As well as getting help in this forum, maybe this other forum could help you too --> http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/forum/

Hi Jeff,A 24" monitor has a native resolution of 1920x1200. Your card may run it, but it probably will be a struggle.Bill

I second that your current card will struggle big time with a 24" screen. 256MB RAM is half of what you would need.Finding something powerful enough which will fit into your slim line case could be a problem. Perhaps the single slot Radeon 4850 may fit? If so, you might need to look at an extra fan or two... Not an ideal solution but may be your only one.Hope this helps.

Konrad

Thanks for the comments. Pretty much what I figured. Biggest mistake I ever made was buying this damn slim case rather than the full size one. Never considered all the problems I'd have finding hardware that would fit in it.Thanks again.Jeff