Sign in to follow this  
Guest lorenz88

B747-400x Strange Behaviour

Guest lorenz88

Good day everyone, I have bought the PMDG B747X just yesterday and I have a couple of questions to ask...First of all, during my first complete flight in FSX (SP2) from EHAM to MMMX it happens that after cruise has been reached from a bit of time the messages: IRS DC RIGHT,IRS DC LEFT, IRS DC CENTER come on on the upper EICAS. I consider it quite strange to have all three systems on DC feeding at the same time. I tried to follow QRH procedure but the results had leaded to the continuation of this message...in addition I noticed on the CDU that the L IRS has been lost but the center and the right are still running good. Why this message so? In addition: can someone explane me the procedure to update the IRS heading in flight please? Thanks a lot.The other question is this: is it possible that with this hardware config:CPU INTEL core2 QUAD 6600 4 Gb RAMNVIDIA 8800GTX 768Mb350Gb of free disk spaceand this softwares:FSX SP2 (medium video setings, no traffic, high meteo video settings)AS XB747-400XMD 11 Xsome airports add-on sceneriesthe computer freezes during cruise like if it has gone out of memory? I noticed that "index page files" are terribly high but I do not know if they are involved in this problem and how to low them. On the other side the memory usage is good: 2Gb used, 4Gb available and also the CPU is good: 75% of its total capabilities. I defrag regulary as described in the manuals.I have recently formatted my PC and only after the format FSX has started to freeze...before format it was good...could also the formattation process be involved?Thank you very much to those who help me.Best RegardsLorenzo Chiovaro

Guest lorenz88

No idea?? Maybe it was only a case. Tonight I will try again with the return flight and I'll report back to this forum.Best RegardsLorenzo Chiovaro

The message you have dont indicate that you are feeding the IRS only on DC, but the opposite, that the DC power feed is not available. Id make sure that all your DC busses are powered, as well as making sure that the battery switch is on. Just make sure everything on the electrical control panel (gen control and bus ties) are in auto. If this is one thing that happened only one time, it could just be a glitch, and you may never see it again. Also, make sure you have no failures checked. Hope this helps.

Guest lorenz88

Ok, here we are. 18 minutes after takeoff from MMMX heading to EHAM the messages reappeared: IRS DC RIGHT IRS DC LEFT IRS DC CENTER. I have checked all my eletrical part of the overhead panel but everything seems to be as it should be. I do not realy undestrand why DC power is no onger available to all three IRSs...I think, at this point, that this is not a glitch. I have also no failure checked. It is a problem that appeared since my first flight o this beauty.Any further idea? :( Thanks a lot B6679Best RegardsLorenzo Chiovaro

Guest lorenz88

Another news about the state of my flight. About 30 minutes after the messages appeared on the upper EICAS they vanished without any action.Very strange but it's better to have them out after 30minutes instead of having them for the whole flight :( Best RegardsLorenzo Chiovaro

As far as the freeze goes, I've heard that certain airplanes, I believe iFDG and maybe PMDG, lock up when running vista, especially 32 bit because of memory management, I'm not sure of your OS though.

Guest lorenz88

That was the point!!! I forgot to uncheck the "extend battery life" box in FSUIPC. Immediatly after done it the messages disappeard. :( Now it seems to be all right. Thank you very much for intuaition.Thanks againBest RegardsLorenzo Chiovaro

Thats strange, I always thought the extend battery option was only for a reg version of fsuipc?? I have always had it ticked but surely there are peolpe flying with the un reg version?Rob

Rob Prest

Guest lorenz88

I have, in fact, a registered copy of FSUIPC.LOrenzo Chiovaro