Sign in to follow this  
Guest lorenz88

Klm B747-400 Cost Index

Guest lorenz88

Does anyone know the CI that KLM uses on thei B744?Thaks a lot in advanceLorenzo Chiovaro

Does anyone know the CI that KLM uses on thei B744?Thaks a lot in advanceLorenzo Chiovaro
From what I've heard KLM uses a CI of 150 on their B744s.Sam

Cost index is dependant on a number of factors. With the current economic climate, company's have more then likely modified there operations in the last year or so. Rob

Rob Prest

Klm always use a cost index of 150 unless they are delayed then they use 400 for CI

Guest lorenz88

Thank you very much. You have been very kind. Much appreciatedBest RegardsLorenzo Chiovaro

Guest Patrickb14
Klm always use a cost index of 150 unless they are delayed then they use 400 for CI
Not true! KLM uses CI depending on several factors, which are mentioned above.

Not true! KLM uses CI depending on several factors, which are mentioned above. Please give us some more inside information on how KLM does CI nowadays.Mentioned above items only refer to 150 and 400.Regards,Harry

Guest Patrickb14

Hi Harry,Unfortunately it's not that easy. Flight crew can determine the CI from 2 referencepoints. One is the dispatchbriefing, where infact the flight crew gets its CI. Two is de flight crew operating manual. It gives for the particular aircraft which the crew is flying the companyrules for the CI.I can, later this day, give you a example of a other KLM aircraft, as I have access to that. However unfortunately not for the 747. However, you can get an idea as I will give you an impression of KLM's CI. It wil be about 23:00Z, not earlier than that.Kind regards, PatrickEdit:With KLM there are a few things which are considered. I am not allowed to make a screenhot of the table of CI, what was my intention. However the things what are considered are, Time, Fuel and Fuel + weight and optimum altitudes. There are also tables for off-optimum altitudes, if that occures. There is a standard CI for normal operation which starts with a CI from 50. From there dispatch and the pilot calculate the CI with steps of 50 to a maximum of 250.The CI calculated from the table is only used when indicated in the flightplan or extraordinary situations arrise.