Sign in to follow this  

The RealAir C172SP.

I fly one of these every other weekend at KBJC, going for my IR. Rob- if you get to read this, this a/c is something to behold! Thanks for all your good work. I'm currently using FS for my IR panel manouvers, and it really does feel good to have it behave much more like the real thing than the stock FS version.Bruce.

Can anyone point me to a good 172 panel to go with Rob Young's 'hard work'? After flying the Dreamfleet Archer 11 I just can't go back to that poor default 172 one.

If we had the time we would have loved to produce a pristine new panel for the C172 but this would have meant it was a payware project. Takes an awfully long time to produce a good panel.RobRealAir Simulations

I like the 172 panel by Chuck Grimes. Filename CG172R1_0.ZIP on Avsim.Al

Guest Lizardo

(I don't find that in library. Anywhere else?)

Guest jaapverduijn

It's there. Just search for Chuck Grimes.Jaap Verduijn.

Guest Moghdad

I also mostly fly 172s in the real world--suits my limited budget and aeronautical skills nicely!Thanks for this flight model, Rob. It feels like a Skyhawk. I notice especially the slower climb rate and more solid feel when slipping against a crosswind.I'm sure you have lots to do, but why not produce a full-featured payware Skyhawk? I would buy it in a second, bet others would too.

Moghad,I agree!If Realair was to do a COMPLETE payware Cessna 172 with these kind of dynamics, I would buy it WITHOUT hesitation.I'm not a real pilot, but have had the opportunity to fly the 172 from the right quite a number of times, and this truly feels like the real thing, it's in fact the first flight model, that I instantly liked.I especially like the Cessna-typical sluggish ailerons and lazy pitch.Way to go Rob!!!Tero

PPL(A)

"why not produce a full-featured payware Skyhawk"Other developers have already produced excellent similar aircraft, so we do not want to tread on their toes. We are concentrating on a taildragger and amphibian at the moment. After that we fancy a bigger aircraft, and there are only so many hours in a day...Cheers,Rob - RealAir Simulations

I understand that the General slider under Aircraft Realisim should be set to max right. However, the P Factor, Torque and Gyro setting are not mentioned. Is there a recommendation for their settings relative to this flight model?Thanks for providing a very important element - flight model - for one of the most popular aircraft. For me flight model is #1 followed by reasonably smooth frame rates. Next comes the cockpit. Here the FS2002 version is ok and offers all one needs to enjoy flight. It could be prettier but it ain't bad. The 172 is for VFR so I have been learning how to use Ground2K to improve the road and elevation layout to make my 172 experiences even more enjoyable. Dick KLBE

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

>Moghad, >>it's in fact the first >flight model, that I instantly liked. Moghad, if you like this flight model, you really need to get the SF-260. Great plane, great fun! :-yellow1

HI Dick,Well, not for want of trying, but I have never seen any difference with gyro and torque effects at all, and I'm pretty sure nor have many of the other developers.However p-factor does cause left drift especially on takeoff. Unfortunately, p-factor is either on or off. The slider doesn't add more as you pull the slider all the way to the right, nor lessen the effect when setting the slider slightly to the right.Rob Young - RealAir Simulations

Guest jaapverduijn

Greetings Bazza!The P-slider only SEEMS to work, but in fact it's an on/off switch: all the way to the left is "off", everything else is "on". Somebody brought up the subject of a good panel for the Realair C172. I tried to alias the very good-looking Carenado panel (of their payware KAD) to the Realair, but the panel finished up kinda compressed into the bottom 20 percent or so of the screen. Pity, but I think we'll have to do with the default panel then.Jaap Verduijn.

Jaap is correct Barry, p-factor may look like it's increasing or decreasing, but the actual effect on the aircraft, any aircraft, is such that extreme left is OFF and anywhere to the right of that is full ON.But just to recap on all the sliders: If you want the RealAir 172 to spin or side slip, the top slider must be maxed (fully right). If you adjust the p-factor to any position other than fully left, it will be turned on. The other two sliders make no difference on my system wherever they are.Kind Regards,Rob Young

I use Rui Lopes excellent panel, which, by the way, looks like the VC panel in the RealAir 172.Dave Hinson