Sign in to follow this  
Guest macman4

Watching Ai Traffic?

Guest macman4

Is there a program that lets you see AI traffic as your flying. In FSX you can click on view/ AI traffic and it gives you a list of all ai traffic around you and you can view it in another window. I'm looking for somthing like this for FS9, payware or freeware. Thanks, Bob

There are a couple choices, I use Traffic Toolbox. It is part of the FS9 SDK.It can be downloaded here- http://download.microsoft.com/download/f/2...x_sdk_setup.exeGo to this website - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555857There you will find the addresses for all the FS9 SDK's.Hope this helps.

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

I second the recommendation for the free Traffic Toolbox utility from Microsoft.I consider it a "must have" addition for FS2004.Issue number 14 (of 25) of the Tips and Tricks for FS2004 series has a segment showing how to install this utility and describing a couple of it's most usful features.http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID...&DLID=73315It might be helpful to review this.Keep in mind that while "watching" AI aircraft with this utility you are limited to an area of approx 128 nautical miles from "your" aircraft as that is how AI traffic is generated.If you wish to watch a complete flight which covers a greater distance than this, you will need to use a program such as Traffic View Board which places "your" aircraft as an invisible mate just behind the selected AI aircraft. It will allow you to follow a complete flight from gate to gate. You can find it here:http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID...&DLID=55711Good luck!

Bob,as a payware alternative I would recommend FS Flight Keeper (which does a multitude of other useful things besides showing the AI) that comes with a great moving map with all AI in your vicinity displayed. With FS FK's ACARS gauge installed in your favourite aircraft you can display this map during any or all phases of your flight. There are some configuration options, so you can tailor it to your needs.Alternatively, you can display a full screen FS Flight Keeper map with AI on another computer (connected via WideFS). FS Commander will also do that for you - but no gauge there...Both can be had at Aerosoft Regards,Jure

Bob,as a payware alternative I would recommend FS Flight Keeper (which does a multitude of other useful things besides showing the AI) that comes with a great moving map with all AI in your vicinity displayed. With FS FK's ACARS gauge installed in your favourite aircraft you can display this map during any or all phases of your flight. There are some configuration options, so you can tailor it to your needs.Alternatively, you can display a full screen FS Flight Keeper map with AI on another computer (connected via WideFS). FS Commander will also do that for you - but no gauge there...Both can be had at Aerosoft Regards,Jure
Hey Jure, I have FK. How do you display the map while flying through the use of the "guage"? I thought the moving map was a stand alone feature outside of FS.Thanks,

Hi,

Hey Jure, I have FK. How do you display the map while flying through the use of the "guage"? I thought the moving map was a stand alone feature outside of FS.
It was, but not so anymore... :(You do have the latest version of FSFK - v.3.0? If no, then upgrade to v.3 it is well worth it. :( If yes, then please go to page 65 in the .pdf manual that comes with the installation. Thomas has explained everything in detail and installation of the gauge into your favourite aircraft's panel takes only moments. On page 71 you can see the map with AI in action. I usually install a transparent icon to call up a separate FSFK ACARS window which I then drag to the secondary monitor. Works like a charm...Regards,Jure

Guest trihelm
Is there a program that lets you see AI traffic as your flying. In FSX you can click on view/ AI traffic and it gives you a list of all ai traffic around you and you can view it in another window. I'm looking for somthing like this for FS9, payware or freeware. Thanks, Bob
Have a look at AIround available at Simmarket ( or at least it was) I found that good on fs9.RegardsRick

Hi,It was, but not so anymore... :(You do have the latest version of FSFK - v.3.0? If no, then upgrade to v.3 it is well worth it. :( If yes, then please go to page 65 in the .pdf manual that comes with the installation. Thomas has explained everything in detail and installation of the gauge into your favourite aircraft's panel takes only moments. On page 71 you can see the map with AI in action. I usually install a transparent icon to call up a separate FSFK ACARS window which I then drag to the secondary monitor. Works like a charm...Regards,Jure
Ah, that may be the issue. I don't have the 3.0 versions. Yes, I love the program. Well worth upgrading. I wonder can you transport your previous version logs to the new version? If you know? It takes forever to get a reply on their support forum. Last time was a few weeks for me. I basically gave up on tech support. Sorry for the hijack, OP.

Yes, you can. I have all my flights from the previous version in v.3.0. Take a look here:http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?showtopic=20978regards,Jure
ah thank you my friend. I am now otw to getting 3.0 up and running. Got my old logbooks/pilots inported, now to re-do the live acars site I connect with and check other settings. I vaguely remember how to copy that info over.That link was perfect !!One last question I promise. Do I have to uninstall EVERY Acars gauge, in each plane, from the previous version, then, install the gauge again since updating to 3.0?Thank you.. :( GLB

One last question I promise. Do I have to uninstall EVERY Acars gauge, in each plane, from the previous version, then, install the gauge again since updating to 3.0?
Great, I'm glad you got things working. :( I don't think you have to uninstall anything... if I remember correctly, everything should work even if you installed the ACARS gauge with the previous version.Just don't forget to copy the latest FSFK-ACARS.gau to your Gauges folder if you do things manually. Otherwise, the installer will do it for you. Here's a suggestion: Use the FSFK installer to do one installation of the ACARS for one aircraft and after that you can install - or just check other aircraft. That's the way I do it... It's just a few lines in each panel.cfg anyway :( by the way, manual installation is described on page 82 in the manual. Have fun and turn on the messaging center when flying and I'll give ya a shout :(regards,Jure