Sign in to follow this  
rhodges

Do You Have "toggles.cab"?

I use third party shortcut icons on my panels for some window addons which I have had from long past flightsimulator versions.The Gauge in my gauge folders is "toggles.cab".Examples are: For icon number 5, the entry in the main window of the panel.cfg would be: "Toggles!Toggle05_Icon, 952,477,25,25For icon X, the entry would be "Toggles!TogglesX_Icon,980,477,25,25In the applicable secondary window section, the entries for the "Ident" would be as follows:Icon 5 would be: "10005Icon X would be: "10124"My problem is that although I still have the prime gauge, ("toggles.cab") which provides a number of choices, I have lost the readme file which gives me the numbers for each Icon identifier. I have some of them simply by previous applications, but some that I have tried to add do not seem to be in logical order.If someone has this addon along with the original download, it would be greatly appreciated if you would tell me what the file name is and from which forum you downloaded it.Thanks:RTH

I don't have that particular file, however you can get that info out of the .cab file.Find toggles.cab, most likely in your gauges folder.Double click on it to see what's inside.Find the gauge.xml file you want to use and right click on it.Choose extract, and extract it to your desk top.Right click on the file that has been extracted and open with Notepad.Look for something like <click> , and the ident number should follow.Hope this helps.

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

Thanks ever so much.Just what I needed, and works perfectly.Happy flyingRTH

I don't have that particular file, however you can get that info out of the .cab file.Find toggles.cab, most likely in your gauges folder.Double click on it to see what's inside.Find the gauge.xml file you want to use and right click on it.Choose extract, and extract it to your desk top.Right click on the file that has been extracted and open with Notepad.Look for something like <click> , and the ident number should follow.Hope this helps.

Hello again:One more minor problem. In the original program, the originator made one mistake. He (or she) duplicated the contents for two xml files (Y and Z). Later, there was a revision correcting this, but apparently I have the original saved. The contents of the file is as follows: <Gauge Name="TogglesY Icon" Version="1.0"> <Image Name="Icon_Y.bmp" ImageSizes="12,12,19,19" /> - <Mouse> <Help ID="HELPID_GAUGE_TOGGLE_POP-UP_SUB_WINDOW-Y" /> <Cursor Type="Hand" /> <Click>10125 (>K:PANEL_ID_TOGGLE)</Click> </Mouse> </Gauge>The text for the Z Icon duplicated that of the Y Icon. I have tried to open this in a word or notepad format and edit this but do not know how to get the edit to take back within the xml file. This is certainly no biggie, but if there is a simple way to edit this content, I would appreciate instructions toward that end.Thanks:RTHEdit: If I am interpreting correctly, "<Help ID="HELPID_GAUGE_TOGGLE_POP-UP_SUB_WINDOW-Y" />" should be edited to be <Help ID="HELPID_GAUGE_TOGGLE_POP-UP_SUB_WINDOW-Z" /> and "10125" should be edited to be 10126.

Hmmm... don't know how to do this. Haven't had the need to do more than what I suggested earlier. I don't think working with XML is hard and I think it can be edited with Notepad. Compiling it back into the .cab is something I have never done.Here is a link to the Panels and Gauges SDK - http://download.microsoft.com/download/a/2...s_sdk_setup.exeYou might find the info you need there.Here is a link to finding all the FS9 SDK's - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555857Hope this helps.

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

If you want to you can extract that .cab file in it's entirety to a temp folder named "toggles" then make the edits you're wanting to make in Notepad (just start Notepad and drag the .xml file into the Notepad window if you didn't already know) and save it.Look in your root FS9 folder for "cabdir.exe", if not found download the CabDIR SDK from MS. All you have to do then is drag & drop the "toggles" folder onto cabdir.exe (get 2 explorer windows opened up if necessary) and it will create a new "toggles.cab" file alongside the temporary toggles folder. Then just move the new toggles.cab into your gauges folder overwriting the old one.Incidentally the "<Help ID="HELPID_GAUGE_TOGGLE" stuff has to do with the tooltip and shouldn't affect the function of the gauge. You can make your own custom tooltip by enclosing whatever text you want to display with <tooltip>Tooltip Text</tooltip> and replacing the Help ID= line with that. I have my doubts as to whether "HELPID_GAUGE_TOGGLE_POP-UP_SUB_WINDOW-Y" worked correctly anyway.Jim

Thanks Jim:That worked like a charm. I will save this information for possible future use. I now have a "Z" Icon.Happy flying:RTH