Sign in to follow this  
deltatec

Saving Flight Plan In Pmdg .rte Format

Have just bought PMDG 747x. I use VoxATC. From what i have read on the forums one needs to save the plan under the PMDG folder (.RTE format i think) How does one save to this format. The procedure I have tried is:Free flight box select the Aircraft.Then got to MS flight planner, plan and save the flight, which defaults to .plnResult: VoxATC does not recognise the plan thus when loaded, big black box on screen.I am also have problems loading FMC, could this .rte format be the issue here too? Have used PIC 737 FMC with no problems.Any help appreciated.Kevin

You know MSFS uses .pln files, so I am confused as to what your problem is with the PMDG (737/747/MD11) aircraft which uses .rte files. You save PMDG flight plans per the manual by pressing the key next to COPY (shown on the RTE page) after you have executed the flight plan (MD11 is different, of course). It is a .rte file that is saved.I don't know the VoxATC product, if it uses .pln files from FS9 that doesn't automatically mean it will use the FSX .pln file. In any event, the PMDG cannot be programmed using the default MSFS planner. I wish I could help but I am still a little confused.

Dan Downs KCRP

With regard to what Dan stated, you will need a freeware or payware flight planner that you build your plan in and then export that plan into the FMC PMDG .rte format and FS9 or FSX for VoxATC if it is looking for those tgypes of plans. I use the payware FSBuild.After exporting the plan to PMDG you can load it into the FMC for the 737 and maybe the 747 by going the INIT page and keying in order INDEX/NAVDATA/FLIGHT PLANS. You'll get a list that can be scrolled with PREV or NEXT of available plans. LSK the plan name to put it in the scratchpad. Then go to RTE Page 1 and LSK CO_ROUTE to enter the label, the LSK ACTIVATE and execute it.Be aware that any SIDs or STARs included in the imported plan (as waypoints) may differ from that in the FMC database. I just use the APP right side runway choice in the ARR section if the imported plan has SIDs or STARs. Using the same plan data for the FMC and your ATC program keeps them in synch.

There is a site named simroutes.com in which you get preplanned routes or you can generate your own routes mentioning SID and STAR and your desired waypoints. You could save the route files after selecting your aircraft and program type and can use it later on. I am mentioning the link below. Hope some one would be befitted. I would like to take this opportunity to appreciate the makers of simroute for their excellent job.http://www.simroutes.../ShowPlans.aspx

Have just bought PMDG 747x. I use VoxATC. From what i have read on the forums one needs to save the plan under the PMDG folder (.RTE format i think) How does one save to this format. The procedure I have tried is:Free flight box select the Aircraft.Then got to MS flight planner, plan and save the flight, which defaults to .plnResult: VoxATC does not recognise the plan thus when loaded, big black box on screen.I am also have problems loading FMC, could this .rte format be the issue here too? Have used PIC 737 FMC with no problems.Any help appreciated.Kevin