Sign in to follow this  
Guest mailreau

747 Fsx Fatal Error

Guest mailreau

Hi,I am new to the 747. I installed it and everything seemed to have installed fine until I tried to load it in FSX. After I selected the Plane It looked like it was loading but after about 15 seconds I got a Fatal Error Flight Simulator needs to close prompt. All other planes work fine so It is Just the 747. I have reinstalled FSX, the 747 and FSUIPC to no avail. My System Specs: CPU-Q6600 RAM-4GB OCZ DDR2 800Mhz HDD-2x 500GB 1x 320GB 1x 250GB GPU- 2x Nvidia 9800GTXsI am not running FS2Crew.

Guest lorenz88

Probably there is a problem with the Flight Simulator file located in the application data folder (if I remember well, if not someone correct me). I had the same problem when installing the PMDG MD11 and I solved once and for all uninstalling FSX and reinstalling everything from the beginning...I know that is a long procedure but the results are assure.If anyone knows a better procedure let us knowBest RegardsLorenzo Chiovaro

The first time FSX runs 747X or MD11 you should get dialog boxes for your approval to run modules and declare the software safe. Did you get these?Go to the PMDG Ops knowledge base and read about fixing the fsx.xml file (I think it is named). PMDG is careful to take care of this but a very few other addons are not so friendly and will cause problems with this file with CTDs a result. It is worth a try before reinstalling everything.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest mailreau

I did get the approval boxes, Allowed all modules to run.Yo are correct about the Naming of the Ops center =P but sadly I have tried fixing the .xml file. The Only other addon I have is the LevelD Sim 767 (Great Product) and Everything is registered correctly in the .xml file.As Stated in my original post I have tried uninstalling and re-installing FSX, the 747 and FSUIPC (I have tried it without this but dont see why It would cause a problem anyway)I had a very similar problem with the LevelD 767, To fix it I just re-installed FSUIPC. Dosn't work here. :(I'm stumped.