Sign in to follow this  
jerryuscg

A Special Tanks And A Warning

I'd like to give a SPECIAL thanks to Greg Sanderson and his crew at Jetline Systems for building me my Flight Sim System of my dreams. I could not be more happy and satisfied with it. I had been hearing about the "three monitor rigs" for over a year and have been 'bugging" anyone that had one on just how to build one and what hardware to use. I just never could figgure it out just what to buy. Everyone that I talked to had a differant rig and ideas just how to proceed. I had the money saved but was just waiting to figgure out just what to buy. Then I heard about Jetline Systems. I talked to their headman, Greg, and told him just what I wanted. He is a real life pilot and has been flying Flight Sims for years. He knew just what I wanted and how to build it. In the mean time I bought 3- ViewSonic 26" LCD Monitors and waited for my new machine. I LOVE THIS NEW COMPUTER. With its power and 3-26" monitors Flight Sim 2004 will never be the same. I can not thank Greg and his crew enough for the great job putting my new dream machine togather. A BRAVO-ZULU to them.The main specs for it is: Processor:Intel E8500 Core 2 Duo (3.14 over clocked to 4.0 GHz) Graphics Cards: 3- GeForce 9800 GTX 512 MB (yes this computer has THREE Graphic cards in it) Memory: 4 GB Corsair DDR2 This is the WARNING part. When I received it I was busy with another project and I did not set up the new rig for about a week or so. When I unpacked it, I heard something rattling around and when I open the box a few parts fell out. B) . When I tried to turn it on it wound not run. I took it to a local computer shop and they said it must have been droped from a high height as it was all broken up and a piece of JUNK. (Jetline paid for this damage survey). It had been professionally packed , by UPS in a inner box with approx 10 inches of "peanuts" all around. THERE WAS NOT A MARK ANYWHERE ON THE OUTSIDE OF THE BOX, but the computer was distroyed. Here comes the BAD part. While I was away from home, my wife threw away all of the boxes(2) and all of the packing materials as they took up too much room in my garage. It was packed and delivered by UPS. They have a statement on EVERY shipping label that states that you MUST keep ALL of the boxes and shipping materials in case of a claim! . I now had NO claims case because of the missing packing materials. When Greg made my new replacement rig for me at NO COST to me, he even paid the shipping to me. It was NOT his fault that my 1st computer was distroyed, but he built me a replacement one for FREE. What other company would do that? None I'm afaid. They are a great company and will get all of my future Flight Sim computer bussiness. Thanks Greg. jerrycwo4 :( :( :( BE SURE TO KEPP ALL PACKING MATERIALS UNTIL YOU ARE SURE THAT YOUR DILIVERED PRODUCT IS OK!!!!

Thanks for that info and story. I was planning on building my own but not really looking forward to it. After reading your story there's a good chance that company will wind up with my income tax refund next spring. Congrats on the new system, sounds awesome :( .Jim

sounds like a really nice group, may get my money too. question: who did the overclock??

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

What, only 3 monitors? :( You need a total of four at least.. where does the panel go?ehehehehe :(

What, only 3 monitors? :( You need a total of four at least.. where does the panel go?ehehehehe :(
Kimchoc- with the panel on a 4th mon, you have no room for all the panel popups such as GPS, Throttle, COM, Weather Radar, Switches etc. Better 3 mons only, with panel and all popups open all the time for instant use- and a very nice appearance- plus better FPS! The vertically narrow view panels this way are much closer to what a pilot really sees. Like this pic. (And it minimizes horizon alignment problems in aircraft pitch up/down.) Alex ReidDreamFleet Bonanza on approach to Stewart BC.

ehehe, just how many pop ups do you need? Navigation, ATC, Radios, light managment, and all panel switches right at your fingertips and out of the way. I paid for 17" monitors and I want to see all of the real estate on them. ahahahaha :( I say get them all out of the way and look out the window with an unobstructed view just like the real thing. I'll have another 1 or 2 monitors on the next computer build.. :( Why do you need to look at throttles on a screen? :(

ehehe, just how many pop ups do you need? I say get them all out of the way and look out the window with an unobstructed view just like the real thing. I'll have another 1 or 2 monitors on the next computer build.. :(
Kimchoc- I stand unrepentant !!!!!! <grin>Alex Reid

I say get them all out of the way and look out the window with an unobstructed view just like the real thing. I'll have another 1 or 2 monitors on the next computer build.. :(
No fair, you have more unobstructed view than I ever had in my real-world flying. You need window posts and a big cowling in your way, and a seat that won't stay raised up. ;)Panel ViewReal World Cherokee Cadet Side View45 Degree Forward and Right ViewRear View With My Ugly Mug In the Way

John Morgan

"There is a feeling about an airport that no other piece of ground can have. No matter what the name of the country on whose land it lies, an airport is a place you can see and touch that leads to a reality that can only be thought and felt." - The Bridge Across Forever: A Love Story by Richard Bach

No fair, you have more unobstructed view than I ever had in my real-world flying. You need window posts and a big cowling in your way, and a seat that won't stay raised up. ;)
John- how does this compare with real-world? ( nacelles appear twisted because FS screenshots do not allow for monitors being angled to the pilot- and they also delete the monitor frames ie window posts.)Alex ReidDreamFleet Baron 58 @ CYYJ R27

Guest harleyman52
I'd like to give a SPECIAL thanks to Greg Sanderson and his crew at Jetline Systems for building me my Flight Sim System of my dreams. I could not be more happy and satisfied with it. I had been hearing about the "three monitor rigs" for over a year and have been 'bugging" anyone that had one on just how to build one and what hardware to use. I just never could figgure it out just what to buy. Everyone that I talked to had a differant rig and ideas just how to proceed. I had the money saved but was just waiting to figgure out just what to buy. Then I heard about Jetline Systems. I talked to their headman, Greg, and told him just what I wanted. He is a real life pilot and has been flying Flight Sims for years. He knew just what I wanted and how to build it. In the mean time I bought 3- ViewSonic 26" LCD Monitors and waited for my new machine. I LOVE THIS NEW COMPUTER. With its power and 3-26" monitors Flight Sim 2004 will never be the same. I can not thank Greg and his crew enough for the great job putting my new dream machine togather. A BRAVO-ZULU to them.The main specs for it is: Processor:Intel E8500 Core 2 Duo (3.14 over clocked to 4.0 GHz) Graphics Cards: 3- GeForce 9800 GTX 512 MB (yes this computer has THREE Graphic cards in it) Memory: 4 GB Corsair DDR2 This is the WARNING part. When I received it I was busy with another project and I did not set up the new rig for about a week or so. When I unpacked it, I heard something rattling around and when I open the box a few parts fell out. B) . When I tried to turn it on it wound not run. I took it to a local computer shop and they said it must have been droped from a high height as it was all broken up and a piece of JUNK. (Jetline paid for this damage survey). It had been professionally packed , by UPS in a inner box with approx 10 inches of "peanuts" all around. THERE WAS NOT A MARK ANYWHERE ON THE OUTSIDE OF THE BOX, but the computer was distroyed. Here comes the BAD part. While I was away from home, my wife threw away all of the boxes(2) and all of the packing materials as they took up too much room in my garage. It was packed and delivered by UPS. They have a statement on EVERY shipping label that states that you MUST keep ALL of the boxes and shipping materials in case of a claim! . I now had NO claims case because of the missing packing materials. When Greg made my new replacement rig for me at NO COST to me, he even paid the shipping to me. It was NOT his fault that my 1st computer was distroyed, but he built me a replacement one for FREE. What other company would do that? None I'm afaid. They are a great company and will get all of my future Flight Sim computer bussiness. Thanks Greg. jerrycwo4 :( :( :( BE SURE TO KEPP ALL PACKING MATERIALS UNTIL YOU ARE SURE THAT YOUR DILIVERED PRODUCT IS OK!!!!
Digital Storm does it all the time.....

Guest ThrottleUp

What a cool story, the people at this company need to be given a medal. icon1.gifNow...how about some pictures of this new monster machine of yours! icon10.gif

John- how does this compare with real-world? ( nacelles appear twisted because FS screenshots do not allow for monitors being angled to the pilot- and they also delete the monitor frames ie window posts.)Alex ReidDreamFleet Baron 58 @ CYYJ R27
I haven't gotten to fly a twin yet. I ran out of money just about 2 lessons shy of finishing instrument training and starting complex training in the Arrow. The Seminole and multi-engine training would have come about 3 months after that. I did ride in it once just on a taxi back to our ramp after my instructor and I dropped off one of the warriors for maintenance. I imagine it's similar to your view from what I got of my taxi ride.

John Morgan

"There is a feeling about an airport that no other piece of ground can have. No matter what the name of the country on whose land it lies, an airport is a place you can see and touch that leads to a reality that can only be thought and felt." - The Bridge Across Forever: A Love Story by Richard Bach