Sign in to follow this  
Guest k7ltf

Cockpit Chatter Flight 1 Any Good?

Guest k7ltf

hi all:thinking about buying the cockpit chatter program from flight 1. I know what it does so I am not really concerned about that, more so about the current reliability state with the software. Anyone have the current build and opinion on weather it would be a good buy in the state that it is presently in.I know when it first came out follks were complaining about certain bugs. It sounds like a really cool way to compliment your virtual cockpit experience.Zach

hi all:thinking about buying the cockpit chatter program from flight 1. I know what it does so I am not really concerned about that, more so about the current reliability state with the software. Anyone have the current build and opinion on weather it would be a good buy in the state that it is presently in.I know when it first came out follks were complaining about certain bugs. It sounds like a really cool way to compliment your virtual cockpit experience.Zach
I have cockpit chatter and find it to be useful. There are a few things to keep in mind though. It can have a difficult time understanding you if you have your speakers too loud, especially if ATC is talking. It also seems like it reduces frame rates a little, but not much. It works great with the default planes, but it isn't fully functional with some payware planes. It sometimes will crash on my computer while running through checklists as well.All of that said, I think its still handy. It's nice being able to tell your "co-pilot" to set headings, speed, flaps, gear, lights and such when you're busy doing other things, like landing :( Seth

Seth Schubert

I bought it and struggled with it for tooooo many hours. I had NO trouble making it respond to my commands and was useful in multiplayer. The problem was that it kept crashing unless I turned the voices off. Go figure. I bought it through Flight 1 and they gladly gave me my money back. I too am waiting for a fix and if they do I will gladly buy it again.