Sign in to follow this  
VIPERGTSR01

Ident Beep

This maybe a stupid question but when I have been testing/practicing with the PMDG MD11 (just bought it a few days ago, fantastic btw) at some point I get the ILS Ident beep automatically and throughout my whole short test/practice flights (roughly 1 hour fly time) I get the constant indent beeping and it is driving me insane.I have been playing with the radios on the pedestal and the nav/rad on the FMS and no luck turning it off. I think this ILS ident sound is independant to the MD11 but is inbuilt in MSFS, I still can use the indent on the MD11's pedstal while the loud annoying FSX is going the same time.Anyone know how to shut it off? BTW I am using FSX 64bit Vista.Edit, while writing this post I attempted another quick short flight (aircraft loaded the free session running on the rwy, I entered flight plan in and other init details quickly) and throughout the 40 odd minute flight I didn't get it this time unless I used the indent button on the pedstal.- Jay V

Yeah, the default shortcuts for the idents are CTRL + 1 thru 5. I couldnt tell you off-hand which one the NAV1 is but it should be a good start to fiddle around with. I think 1 and 2 are the COMMs, 3 could or could not be the DME so the NAVs could be anything from 3 to 5 LOL.Also make sure if you were flying a default aircraft before, that in the radio panel (upper part, audio panel) all those idents are switched off to avoid exactly that.Good luck!Etienne

Yeah, the default shortcuts for the idents are CTRL + 1 thru 5. I couldnt tell you off-hand which one the NAV1 is but it should be a good start to fiddle around with. I think 1 and 2 are the COMMs, 3 could or could not be the DME so the NAVs could be anything from 3 to 5 LOL.Also make sure if you were flying a default aircraft before, that in the radio panel (upper part, audio panel) all those idents are switched off to avoid exactly that.Good luck!Etienne
Thanks, I will check it out :)- Jay V