I'm new to ASX and i'm a bit overwhelmed by the scope of options ASX has. I will take the time to learn what each one does, but in the short term, i'd like to see ASX in action a little bit. So I have a few questions.1.) If I simply want to use real world weather, do I just need to launch ASX, wait for it to download the weather data and then hit the launch FSX button at the bottom?2.) When I get to the runway, the green bar scrolls along saying ASX is loading initial data (or something to that effect). Should I wait on the runway at that point until I see some kind of finished loading message before I take off?3.) Under the Settings options, are there any specific options there that I should make sure are enabled or set a certain way to ensure that i'm getting accurate real world weather with timely updates?Thanks for any help or other tips you may have for a newbie. The rest of the stuff I will try and read the help files and do a bit or trial and error stuff to figure it all out.

Hi Joe,Welcome to Active Sky!Yes, there is a bit of a learning curve and please look at the manual as time goes by.1. That is the correct way of starting things.2. Yes, please give things time to load and be processed. There is a second banner that tells you when things are complete. This could take up to 5 minutes so be patient.3. Start with default settings and then work from there.We are always here to answer questions or you can use e-mail and we'll get back to you.Thanks,

Thanks Jim for the response. I will try to figure out the rest myself, but it's nice to know you're here to answer any questions.BTW, I think my favorite feature so far is the ability to use historical weather data so that I can fly a summer flight in the middle of winter and get accurate summer type weather based on the date I choose. That's a cool feature.

Hi,Very good! No need to rack your brain too much though. If you can't figure something out, please post!Thanks,