Sign in to follow this  
Guest lorenz88

Other Two Little Questions

Guest lorenz88

Hello again to everyone. I would ask you two main questions that I have regarding setting on the PMDG 747X. First of all the autothrottle behaviour during landing flare. The manual says that throttle should be retarded at idle at about 50ft above the ground but how? I mean...if I move the throttle levers back to idle thay did not respond unless I disconect the autothrottle and this gives me an EICAS message that I cannot make disappear unless I cancel it. Is it correct to disengage the autothrottle for normal landing operation or there is something wrong with my Saitek "pro flight yoke system"?Another question: I have assigned a button of my yoke to disconnect the autopilot (Z on the keyboard) but with the PMDG 747X this control button doesn't work. Why? Am I doing something wrong also here?Many thanks to everyoneBest RegardsLorenzo Chiovaro

The throttles will be retarded by the autoland controller, automatically. You do have to manually engage reverse thrust.I'm not sure, because I just use the default Z key command for disconnect, but I assume there is a PMDG keycommand for this action. Have you tried that?

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest lorenz88

I will try the keyboard button to disconect autopilot but...about throttles, they are retarded automaticaly only if I perform an autoland or with also a manual landing anyway?Best RegardsLorenzo Chiovaro

Automatically retard in autoland only; if you are using autothrottle to maintain IAS on final, then just hit F1 (default for closing throttles) when you start your flare.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest lorenz88

OK, thank you for the reply. So I cannot retard my throttle with my Saitek throttle quadrant?Best RegardsLorenzo Chiovaro

The options can be set to allow the game controllers to override A/P functions, but this is usually disabled to prevent unadvertent disconnects.The aircraft autothrottle uses servos to move the levers, we don't have that yet in the sim world, that I know of. Therefore, while in auto mode the throttle is ignored. Use F1.

Dan Downs KCRP

Lorenzo,I also have the Saitek yoke + throttle quadrant. I could program the reverse thrust without any problem but setting the throttle back to idle after reverse, it isn't doing it. When you bring the throttle back from reverse to idle, just push the throttle a little bit open and immediately back to idle. That's the way I am doing it and the only possibility and with all my aircrafts (737 serie, 747 and 767 on FS as 747, 767 and MD-11 on FSX). Maybe with a registered FSUIPC version you can program the throttle but I am not sure about that. I have registered FSUIPC versions for FS9 and FSX but never thought to do it. Maybe if I have more time I'll try it.Regards,PeterBelgium

Guest hangar744

Hi Dan,little correction here. It is NOT A/T servos. It is the ONE and only servo with one A/T shaft and four brakes.regards,delcom

Guest hangar744

And (of course) a shot of the autothrottle servo generator, the gearbox and the end of the autothrottle brake shaft.Just to make it easier to orientate yourselves: the right bottom corner shows a part of the F/O's left footrest. The wires running up, just right of my red mark are for the R/H STAB POS INDICATOR (not shown).regards,delcom