Sign in to follow this  
Guest GREENGRASS

Pc Aviator 's Big Sercret ?

Guest GREENGRASS

PC AVIATOR'S revolutionery programI cannot understand the reasoning of these people ,either they dont want to let us in on the big secretbecause it is so good all other sales would come to a stop,but i for one have not and will not purchase from them or anyone else untill the big secret is reveiled.So this approach has cost them and other companies sales,i think i am not the only one thinking along these lines,they could have advertised this product and boosted future sales of it ,one way or another they have lostthanks for your thoughts DON

If one advertises: the most exciting development in flight simulation since Flight Simulator itself then they are setting everyone for huge disappointment unless this is really something so HUGE no one even dreamed of it. We will see if this hoopla will even remotely be justified.

Guest ryebred

I will be dissapointed if it is anything less than photoscenery of the entire USA. A more realistic guess though would be their release of New York MegaScenery but including all seasons with night textures.

I will be dissapointed if it is anything less than photoscenery of the entire USA. A more realistic guess though would be their release of New York MegaScenery but including all seasons with night textures.
I agree, if it's just a MegaScenery product for a small area like NY City and the surrounding area I will be very disappointed, even if it has four seasons. These regional/city photo sceneries have been around long enough to not be advertised as the best thing to happen ever. That may have been true years ago before anyone did photo scenery, but not now.The only things for me that will be the best thing for flight sim ever would be one of the following:1. An AI traffic package that has ABSOLUTELY no FPS impact, no matter how high you set the percentage, AND includes an ATC that will vector these AI so that there will be no go arounds or any AI flying into you from behind when you are on approach. Plus it will include military AI for the whole worlds airforces/navies and corresponding afcads to all the airports/airbases/carriers.2. A tile proxy type system that includes night textures for the entire world. Would be too costly and take too way too lond to develope. Maybe in another 10 years.3. Reworked major airports for the entire world that have moving vehicles, people, ground crews, photo real textures, etc. and like #1, have no FPS impact.4. A weather engine that will generate real world weather in FSX using weather station reports, radar and satellite views, and PIREPs, to render the exact weather conditions that are current in the area you are flying. Also models haze, dust storms, tornados, hurricanes, updrafts, down drafts, wind shear, thermals, lightening, hail, snow, and sleet. Also the layers of fog, haze, and clouds can't suddenly disappear as you are flying into them, out of them, or above them. Like #1 thru #3 will not have an impact on performance.For me, anyone of these four things would be what I would describe as the best thing to ever happen to flight simulation since it's beginning. And I am pretty sure that what ever they finally release, it won't be any of these things, so I am sure I will be disappointed after reading their claim. Especially if it is just a plane or regional/city photo scenery, no matter how good it is.There have been major strides in the past 20 years in flight sim, and I am excited to see what the next 20 will bring, but I doubt that what they advertise will be anything near the greatest thing since flight sim began. We will see.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I somewhat agree with Don's original post. There are a couple addons I was ready to purchase in the past few weeks, but I have held off on buying them until I see what this "earth-shaking event" is going to be. If it is a total letdown, I'm going to re-evaluate future purchases from PC Aviator. I have no problem with a company using "gripping advertising techniques" in general, but if this thing turns out to be a dud after the words PCA used, I'm going to question their integrity and very possibly take my purchasing dollars elsewhere.FalconAF

Rick Ryan

If you can announce on 15th, why not the 1st as planned, its not like someone else will build a better ground breaking product in 15 days ...

Guest firehawk44
If you can announce on 15th, why not the 1st as planned, its not like someone else will build a better ground breaking product in 15 days ...
As I understand, it's a scenery product that has been in the works for a long, long time and somehow kept classified. They want to release it on the same day of the announcement and it evidently was not ready for release as planned on the 1st, so now the 15th. No matter what it is, it will not live up to some expectations and many will not be happy. PC Aviator has provided outstanding products in the past (MegaScenery is just one series IMHO) and I personally expect this product to be as good as advertised. In any case, it's nice to know there are many FS developers out there who are trying to expand FSX and make it better for all of us and that is greatly appreciated. Best regards,Jim

hi,i also believe that we should not expect too much. i try not to think of the announcement at all and keep shopping as i would have without it. as someone else said, high expectations can 'only' result in disappointment...if it is really going to be a product worth buying i will either come up with the money or wait until i have it. how expensive could it be? so if i need 2 or 3 months to save my allowance what will that wait be compared to the months or years that we have been waiting for some of the early announced products out there? (just think of the four years wait for the PMDG MD-11).anyways, let's not stress about something that, i think, will not be that big a deal anyways. if it really is, there won't be a reason not to be excited once they have started talking.ps: FSAltitude is finishing up their USA/Canada version which was supposed to be released before the next year. so photoscenery for the entire US is in the works, but i assume that you were thinking of a higher resolution (usable at low altitude) which i would like to see as well. not revolutionary, though.

Denis Kosbeck

KPHX

My guess is that they will disclose the true identity of Ponderosa and finally solve one of the biggest mysteries in FS history. :(

[Delayed again??
They are probably only waking up in the US now :( They could announce at 5pm EST hehe

No, we've been awake now for a little while. Time for the 'big' announcement. Hope it's good too! :-)
I hope so as well, but for some reason I have a feeling we won't hear anything today, except maybe that the announcement is going to be delayed to Jan 1st :(

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

There will be some unhappy flightsim bunnies around the world if that happens. Best not delay announcements twice if of such earth shattering calibre. :-)