Sign in to follow this  
Guest GREENGRASS

Pc Aviator 's Big Sercret ?

The announcement is:There is a Santa Claus!!!!lol

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

The announcement is:There is a Santa Claus!!!!lol
That was a good one. But where is the news in that announcement?kiki

I got this nagging feeling that the "anouncement" is nothing more that a publicity stunt and it will be hardly anything at at all.Why? We has all seen this before from other companies (FS and non FS) and most often, it tuns out to be nothing like expected. I do hope I am wrong though. :(

Where is the news that something would be announced today anywhere on their sight? I just checked it out and couldn't find anything.

Building a full scale 737-800 Simulator running P3D v5.x 210 degree wrap around screenspacer.png

Jason Lohrenz (@lohrenz737) • Instagram photos and videos

Lohrenz 737 Simulator Project (lohrenzsimulator.com)

Recall that FSX was to be the flagship demonstrator for DX10... keep that in mind as you manage your expectations.

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

Guest GREENGRASS

Mind you ,they did say 1dec then 15 deci think they forgot to say which year. :( DON

Guest kwilson
Definition of: vaporware Software that is not yet in production, but the announced delivery date has long since passed. At times, software vendors are criticized for intentionally producing vaporware in order to keep customers from switching to competitive products that offer more features.
At least with vaporware you know what your not getting. So what do you call "top secret revolutionary" software that doesn't get delivered? Hypeware? Don'tPCAviatorLookLikeIdiotsWare?

*Yawn*... -_-zZWake me up when they say something...

If you can announce on 15th, why not the 1st as planned,its not like someone else will build a better ground breaking product in 15 days ...
Great point.

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

At least with vaporware you know what your not getting. So what do you call "top secret revolutionary" software that doesn't get delivered? Hypeware? Don'tPCAviatorLookLikeIdiotsWare?
Gee-20 years ago people complained because there were no addins for fs. Then it graduated to complaining about add ins after they were released. Then it morphed into complaining how long it took for add ons to be released. Now we have graduated to complaining about how add ins are marketed before they have been released.Perhaps all a subliminal wish to convince developers that the low profit margins and constant complaining makes it not worth it for them to develop any, and we can return to a time with no add ins?

Gee-20 years ago people complained because there were no addins for fs. Then it graduated to complaining about add ins after they were released. Then it morphed into complaining how long it took for add ons to be released. Now we have graduated to complaining about how add ins are marketed before they have been released.Perhaps all a subliminal wish to convince developers that the low profit margins and constant complaining makes it not worth it for them to develop any, and we can return to a time with no add ins?
I have to agree with you Geof, for the most part. The only problem I have here, however, is that the folks at PCA have not bothered to update us after the 15th came and went. Making a statement along the lines that this release may be the greatest thing for FS since FS itself is sure to garner a great deal of interest, and I believe that PCA created a responsibility to update us after they made said announcement. PCA doesn't owe me anything, but they need to keep in mind that I don't owe them anything either, and this is not the way to earn my business.-Respectfully submitted