Sign in to follow this  
Guest GREENGRASS

Pc Aviator 's Big Sercret ?

Wait a minute, you mean to tell me nobody has leaked it yet?C'mon, it's a fire truck simulator that works seamlessly in FSX multiplayer! Just start a fire and get in your fire trucks cause it's a hot situation! :(

Disclaimer: Just Kidding!

hi,It seems that you guys are cross with PCA. But take it easy, your disappointment is nothing compared to mine. I am depressed, I was expecting a high resolution female copilot :( . Still nothing in sight. Life is too harsh. Next time I am airborne, I could deliberately crash my airplane and kill myself. I count on you guys to blame PCA for my virtual death. :(

Here it is finally. Mega Scenery World, just not that much available yet.http://www.megasceneryearth.com/
Not that much compared to the empty map-but compared to the existing megascenery titles just about as much if not more. I hope and expect the map to fill in on a daily basis-especially for my state which is half complete... :( Now I have a theory. I got an email a few days ago for sale prices on past megascenery titles that were extremely cheap (fire sale) compared to the original sale prices of $25 us or so.Perhaps the delay was so they could clear out the remaining stock of old megascenery titles-as they knew that the news of this would render the past titles obsolete. Now two days before xmas those who have bought the old stuff have and now there is nothing to lose.In any case-I at least consider this revolutionary and something I have been wishing for for years for fs. So the news was a week late....(it was still Monday where I live when released).Kinda amazing to look at this thread now.I do expect a bonus on my avsim pay though for correctly predicting what this product would be... :(

Guest theflyingdutchman

I am not let down by this. It's not announced yet on the PC aviator site, but it is exciting, although perhaps not revolutionary, as there is no streaming data and, seemingly, no seasonal textures. The idea is orginal and useful nonetheless. But the on-demand aspect is pretty damn cool. You can see the map en select whatever area you like and purchase it. From the looks of it, pretty detailed scenery, although some more close up shots would be bice. I assume it would be in the range of the existing megascenery titles? They also claim to have improved autogen, so I'd like to see how that works with the scenery tiles. I am for one positively surpised by this. Now lets hope the globe will be filled rather quickly, because I am most interested in Europe. Dirk Luchtman

Apart from a sketchy map, there are no in-sim screenshots on their site. I wonder how many have ordered on this basis?

Guest theflyingdutchman

It seems that the night scenery has improved from the megascenery x titles. The resolution is the same 1.19m/pixel.

PC Aviator's product is nothing new or revolutionary, I've been working on USA wide coverage of the United States in full 1.19m or better resolution since the FSX beta...Just take a look at the Webinar I hosted at Intermap June 3, 2008... Click on the bottom link, "3D Visual Simulation"... http://www.intermap.com/right.php/pid/6/sid/38Megascenery World is also incredibly overpriced, their current coverage for Utah costs $180 at their cheapest level...I think it's curious to note also that they're releasing all the areas that other developers have been covering, Florida which has been covered by one dev, Washington State which is covered by another developer, parts of Indiana which is covered by a freeware developer and Utah which is covered by me...Looking at their watermapping as well and it looks like they're using a USGS based dataset which is highly inaccurate, especially around Lake Powell...Also their coverage looks like it's not color balanced from state to state and I'm not sure how much image processing they're doing as well...PC Aviator is behind the game on this and while they may have the rescources they are just reacting to market forces and there is nothing new or revolutionary about what they're doing...Now that's about as far as I can say here at Avsim but PCA is just copying what I've been developing for the last two years...

Dean Mountford
Ultimate VFR

Guest theflyingdutchman

Well, when you take it like that.....I guess it will become more interesting when the entire globe is covered, but how long will that take. I noticed as well that there is a problem with color balance. They should comment on this.I am sure that a large part all the tiles will not be purchased, should the entire globe be covered, as there may not be any interest in this (large deserts or simply uninteresting areas). I wonder if that would not be time, effort and money wasted for the PCA team (even though they make a lot of money based on the current concept).Dirk

Ahhh this is going to be an interesting year :-D he he heThe whole reason I got into photoscenery development was because Megascenery was only covering small cities etc...I'm still smiling here but I do admire Robert and the whole team at PC Aviator, I've been a loyal customer myself ever since FS98 actually... I do wish them the best, competition is great and I love the new challenges this presents... :-)Could be like the race to the moon or the competition between Apple and Microsoft :DThis will be good for everyone :-)

Dean Mountford
Ultimate VFR