Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

Pmdg Md-11 Fs9 Schedule Update (as Of 12dec08)

Captains-I thought I'd give you all a quick update on progress with the PMDG MD-11 for FS9, and the simultaneous FSX update.Currently, we are projecting a release that will definitely take place during 2008, and most likely take place before Christmas. At least- this is according to our current progress rate, and of course could change if we run into something unexpected during final testing!We have issued BETA 3 to our testers, and we project BETA 4 to go to them on Monday. We'll be testing a release candidate by late next week, so the wrap up to release is coming pretty quickly.We hit what was virtually a complete standstill for nearly six weeks while Vin and Michael worked to try and resolve shortcomings in the Virtual Cockpit within FS9. Specifically, we were forced to eliminate the dimmable lighting from the FS9 VC because the antiquated export tools at our disposal for FS9 simple wouldn't convert a project that included all that extra feature load. We have found a good middle ground with the back lighting and the panel flood lighting that, when we finish tuning, will look very nice- and indeed looks significantly better than the original PMDG 737 or the 747-400 for FS9... We decided to invest a significant amount of time into researching if there were other techniques we could use to bring the dimming into FS9- but it simply FS9 simply couldn't handle a model of that complexity. (So no- there will not be wing views... we are using all the polys and vertexes in the VC where we anticipate most customers will spend their time!)Pete is busy converting all 75+ liveries from FSX to FS9 standards- and I'll be spending my weekend building those installers. You can anticipate that we'll start making the liveries available for download once the beta team has had a chance to test drive them and make sure they work.In the mean- time, we have been monitoring feedback on the FSX MD-11 that was released two months ago, and this has caused us to find/fix a few items in the MD-11 that are applied to both the FS9 and FSX. Our plan right now is to release an update for the FSX airplane virtually simultaneously with the release of the FS9 version. This update will not add significant new functionality- but it will correct a few items that we've run across that were noteworthy.Our development plan is to add some new features and further updates to both the FS9 and FSX versions in/around April 2009...Okay- I think that covers most of the details for tonight- I hope you are all having a nice weekend and I'll bring you more information as soon as I have it!

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Great news! The FSX MD11 is a fantastic product.Can you tell us what has been fixed in the FSX version?* I've noticed that the autopilot tends to be quite "violent" when initiating course changes. By comparison the LDS767 always initiates course changes smoothly. * Also, I notice that the yoke and throttle animations are very "jerky". Can you smooth these out too? Again, by comparison the LDS767 yoke and throttle animations are very smooth.Looking forward to the FSX update!

Matthew S

Good morning PMDGThanks for this update:Have you got some news about the advanced tutorial for the MD11?Thanks und best regardsMarcel

Thanks for the update. Much appreciated.

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Guest FlyReal

Oh thank you so much... :)Great news... I am so happy :)Daniel - Daniel

Guest bkhopp

This is great news! Any chance you might consider an O/C Martinair passenger version? I saw the old color cargo version but no passenger for FSX.Great work as always.Ben

Guest GAMER
Captains-I thought I'd give you all a quick update on progress with the PMDG MD-11 for FS9, and the simultaneous FSX update.Currently, we are projecting a release that will definitely take place during 2008, and most likely take place before Christmas. At least- this is according to our current progress rate, and of course could change if we run into something unexpected during final testing!We have issued BETA 3 to our testers, and we project BETA 4 to go to them on Monday. We'll be testing a release candidate by late next week, so the wrap up to release is coming pretty quickly.We hit what was virtually a complete standstill for nearly six weeks while Vin and Michael worked to try and resolve shortcomings in the Virtual Cockpit within FS9. Specifically, we were forced to eliminate the dimmable lighting from the FS9 VC because the antiquated export tools at our disposal for FS9 simple wouldn't convert a project that included all that extra feature load. We have found a good middle ground with the back lighting and the panel flood lighting that, when we finish tuning, will look very nice- and indeed looks significantly better than the original PMDG 737 or the 747-400 for FS9... We decided to invest a significant amount of time into researching if there were other techniques we could use to bring the dimming into FS9- but it simply FS9 simply couldn't handle a model of that complexity. (So no- there will not be wing views... we are using all the polys and vertexes in the VC where we anticipate most customers will spend their time!)Pete is busy converting all 75+ liveries from FSX to FS9 standards- and I'll be spending my weekend building those installers. You can anticipate that we'll start making the liveries available for download once the beta team has had a chance to test drive them and make sure they work.In the mean- time, we have been monitoring feedback on the FSX MD-11 that was released two months ago, and this has caused us to find/fix a few items in the MD-11 that are applied to both the FS9 and FSX. Our plan right now is to release an update for the FSX airplane virtually simultaneously with the release of the FS9 version. This update will not add significant new functionality- but it will correct a few items that we've run across that were noteworthy.Our development plan is to add some new features and further updates to both the FS9 and FSX versions in/around April 2009...Okay- I think that covers most of the details for tonight- I hope you are all having a nice weekend and I'll bring you more information as soon as I have it!
Awesome, hanger space is ready and waiting for this masterpiece of engineering known as the MD-11.Michael P.

Guest HeavyMetal

Thanks Robert.. You have made my day.. As usual, I will wait patiently... NOT!!! :(

Thanks for the update. I bought the FSX version (combo) but everytime I want to like FSX again I miserably fail. I think the MD11 is a fantastic and superior add-on for FSX but boy I can't wait to have it for FS9!! Let me know if you need another beta tester real quick :( ....Thanks again,Pete

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11

Guest GAMER
Thanks for the update. I bought the FSX version (combo) but everytime I want to like FSX again I miserably fail. I think the MD11 is a fantastic and superior add-on for FSX but boy I can't wait to have it for FS9!! Let me know if you need another beta tester real quick :( ....Thanks again,Pete
It sounds like the Beta testing is almost done and we could see it any day now.Michael P.

Guest Patrickb14

Whow, I cannot wait :( until april when my favourite bird can be updated. This was also a nice surprise for FSX users as myself.My wish list is simple. A working wx radar. :-D