Sign in to follow this  

FS 2002_LANDING GEAR INOP

FS2002_LANDING GEAR IN UP POSITION.1.)Unable to lower landing gear.2.)After takeoff with gear down it automatically raises.3.)Cockpit view displays gear handle in up position, and it will not remain down after [g] acctuated.***I believe I ended a flight from cruise, changed planes and started on runway at the time the error was noted!***Is there a solution OTHER than uninstalling FS2002 [8 cpu networked system...[arghhhhh!]***All consults welcomeBRIAN W. HARRIS

With ALL your aircraft or just with certain ones? Some add-ons give one a headache.I have such trouble from time to time, less than in the past with earlier versions of FS, but find that re-booting FS2002 cures it. Or re-booting Windows 98 or XP depending which machine I am on.Also, are you using MS controllers like joystick or 3rd party add-on like CH or something else? Sometimes that can cause gear trouble.If chronic, an uninstal and reinstal of FS2k2 may be necessary. But don't rush to do that--that should be a last or at least a later resort.JS

Hi BrianA bit obvious but I can only suggest that you check in the assignments that you still have 'G' key selected and active for gear operation.

Hi Brian,Why have you not called your "consultant" in Denver (grin)? Whats up with this gear problem and all that CPU horsepower. Do I need to come to LA to fix your "water cooled" gig (grin).Take CareBob

The fact the gear is raised automatically means that the [g] command is given on the ground. Are you really sure you don't press [g] during the startup? Or could it be the [g] command is linked to some other key?Mathijs KokLAGO