Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hakan

Pmdg 747

Guest Hakan

HiI enter a flightplan and begin a flight. AP keeps disconnecting. Sometimes it takes 15 mins before it happens, sometimes 2 mins. I activate AP again and its fine for a few mins before it disconnects again.I tried a search here but didnt find a solution. Has anyone got an idea of what might be causing this? Is there a known problem?H

There is not a known problem with autopilot disconnects in the 747/747X. However, there are two common reasons why it will do so. If the autopilot is unable to control the aircraft it will disconnect. This could be loss of airspeed as an example. The other common reason is the game controller you are using is not disabled from causing a disconnect and any inadvertent movement or noise will disconnect the autopilot. Hope this helps.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest Hakan
There is not a known problem with autopilot disconnects in the 747/747X. However, there are two common reasons why it will do so. If the autopilot is unable to control the aircraft it will disconnect. This could be loss of airspeed as an example. The other common reason is the game controller you are using is not disabled from causing a disconnect and any inadvertent movement or noise will disconnect the autopilot. Hope this helps.
Thanks for your reply. Airspeed is "normal" so I dont think that is the probem.Im using a X52 Pro. How do I know if that is causing the problem?

Calibrate the controls, and increase the null zone in the MSFS controls settings. Also, make sure you don't check Controls Override in the PMDG Options menu (see pg 0-24). Hope this helps.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest Hakan

Thanks, I will have a go and see if it helps.

Guest Hakan

I increased the null zone in the MSFS controls settings = problem gone:-)Thanks for your help Dan.H

I too had a problem with an elevator trim wheel I have set in the X52 Pro causing the same issue. Going to follow the advice here now. First post here by the way, just got the 747 for Christmas from my very understanding wife! I have spent the last 6 months enjoyably flying the Level D 767, but on now to heavier metal! Looks like a very helpful forum. R'ing T F'ing M as I write!RegardsDuncan
Update here in case anyone's interested; recalibrated the X-wheel and changed the elevator trim to the slider on the X52 and after a short proving flight the problem seems to be solved.