Sign in to follow this  
Guest srw0562

Pmdg 747 Or Md11

Guest srw0562

Hi All,Could some one advise which is the better between the MD11 or 747 for realism. I'm new to the add on market and would love to hear comments. I know each aircraft will have its supporters but dont want to buy something I will battle with. I purchased a 757 from another company and the support I got is shocking.. Thoughts please... :unsure

Sir / Madam,from a realism point of view you'd have to get the MD-11 since PMDG pushed the realism bar even higher with that new release. However when you say you are new to add-on aircraft I'm sure you would also be very happy flying the 747. Will you be flying FS9 or FSX?Regards,Markus

Markus Burkhard

Hi, (please sign your full real name to your posts, it's a rule here, thanks)Simply put, both simulations are extremely realistic. The MD-11 is newer and probably has a few more tweaks and what not as far as our programming goes. This isn't a case of one plane being way more "realistic" than the other, they're two different aircraft which we simulated to the best of our abilities at the time we programmed them. I know I'm biased, but I'd say get both. :(

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest srw0562

Hi,Gosh thanks for the really prompt reply. My fiance is pushing for me to get the 747 as we generally spend more time in the air flying in one, I however have also heard that the MD11 is newer and therefore has more features. I'll be flying in FSX. I intend getting both but want to download one today. Again many many thanksShaun WhittemorePS- Sorry I didn't know about the name thing....

Hi,As far as the 744 goes, my father has been on the 744F for the past 5 years with an asian carrier and was under the impression we all flew around in default stlye aircraft in FS with pretty panels :( . He could never quite figure out how I was learning so much about this aircraft until he had a chance to stay with me in London for a few day's and I showed him how complex the PMDG aircraft is.To say he was impressed is a understatment! now if only I can convince him to get a MD11 type rating so I can get my hands on a MD11 performance manual! :( unfortunatly we stil get a bad name on a certain pilots forum due to simmers pretending to be real pilots :( Anyway I'm really not a a really excited user but PMDG out do themselves everytime like flytampa!Rob

Rob Prest

Guest srw0562
Hi,As far as the 744 goes, my father has been on the 744F for the past 5 years with an asian carrier and was under the impression we all flew around in default stlye aircraft in FS with pretty panels :( . He could never quite figure out how I was learning so much about this aircraft until he had a chance to stay with me in London for a few day's and I showed him how complex the PMDG aircraft is.To say he was impressed is a understatment! now if only I can convince him to get a MD11 type rating so I can get my hands on a MD11 performance manual! :( unfortunatly we stil get a bad name on a certain pilots forum due to simmers pretending to be real pilots :( Anyway I'm really not a a really excited user but PMDG out do themselves everytime like flytampa!Rob
Hi Rob,So your vote would be 747? If so have you tried the MD11?And with regards to us pretending to be real pilots.... I am one, I know lots of "real" pilots who spend spare time in the FS world. In fact its because of their comments that I got involved in this hobby... With regards to PMDG and you being a fan... I downloaded a product from another co yesterday and wasn't able to run it properley and all I got was !@%#^&& from them... So hopefully your faith and that of thousands of others will prove my prospective purchase to be a good one... Thanks again for your prompt replyShaun

Hi Shaun, like Ryan said both are top quality, the MD11 has more features so it's down to what aircraft you enjoy :( take your pick and have fun!Rob

Rob Prest

They are both very good. The MD-11 performs slightly better in FSX compared to the 747, so that would be a good place to start.Tom

Shaun,good to hear you are planning on getting both! I am of course biased towards the MD-11 but ultimately both are amongst the finest airliner add-ons for FSX. Should your PC system not be the fastest one you might be happier flying the MD-11 as it is using noticeably less resources thus giving you more frames per second.If you have a high end Core i7 system then just let your heart and taste decide... :) They are both great. BUT one is Douglas, one is Boeing... a huge difference in flying them, but you need to fly both to see that difference ;)Markus

Markus Burkhard

Guest srw0562
Shaun,good to hear you are planning on getting both! I am of course biased towards the MD-11 but ultimately both are amongst the finest airliner add-ons for FSX. Should your PC system not be the fastest one you might be happier flying the MD-11 as it is using noticeably less resources thus giving you more frames per second.If you have a high end Core i7 system then just let your heart and taste decide... :) They are both great. BUT one is Douglas, one is Boeing... a huge difference in flying them, but you need to fly both to see that difference ;)Markus
Hi Markus,Thanks for the good comments, I think both are fantastic aircraft. The only concern is that if I get the MD-11 first then the 747 afterwards I would be dissapointed in the experience. I also intend on getting the FS2Crew addon. have you tried their products?Shaun

Thanks for the good comments, I think both are fantastic aircraft. The only concern is that if I get the MD-11 first then the 747 afterwards I would be dissapointed in the experience. I also intend on getting the FS2Crew addon. have you tried their products?
Trust me you will not be disappointed when getting the 747 after the MD-11 as it is a wonderful aircraft too.It's been years since I've tried an FS2Crew product I'm afraid. I've never had the time to try the newest versions as I'm still busy doing work for the MD-11. But I fully intend to try the MD-11 version as soon as possible.Regards,Markus

Markus Burkhard

I own both the PMDG 744 (FSX and FS9) with FS2Crew and the PMDG MD-11 with FS2Crew (FSX and soon to be FS9) and I can tell you that you will not be disappointed with either purchase. PMDG's products are so well made that even if you decide to only get one of the aircraft, I can almost assure you that you will be buying the other shortly! The same goes for the FS2Crew software that goes with each aircraft. Brian York, the developer of FS2Crew, does a great job simulating crew and F/O interaction. This is especially true with his version of FS2Crew for the MD-11 which I feel is just a little bit better than his version for the PMDG 747-400, but they are both still great.If I had to choose one I would choose the MD-11, but I am a little biased towards tri-jets (especially with glass cockpits!).Either way you are going to love what you decide to get.

Guest SkullxBones

I have both and once you buy one, you will end up buying the other anyway. If I have to choose a favorite, I'd pick the 747. There are many things I like better about the MD-11, especially the better FPS. But I prefer the looks and feel of the 747. To my eye, the 747 is one of the most gorgeous airliners ever and they did a very good job of convincing you that you are flying a heavy.

Guest srw0562
I have both and once you buy one, you will end up buying the other anyway. If I have to choose a favorite, I'd pick the 747. There are many things I like better about the MD-11, especially the better FPS. But I prefer the looks and feel of the 747. To my eye, the 747 is one of the most gorgeous airliners ever and they did a very good job of convincing you that you are flying a heavy.
Thanks all for the comments. I went with the MD-11 and all I can say is..... wow wow wow. Its fantastic, will be downloading the FS2Crew product today and I'm really glad I joined this forum and also put my trust in PMDG as a company. I look forward to my very many hours flying the heavy metal..Thanks Guys and a Very Merry Festive Season to you and yours....Kind RegardsShaun :(