Sign in to follow this  
Guest william273

Pilatus Pc12-piper Meridian-piper Cheyenne?

Guest william273

am looking to getting into GA aircraft as i'm finding the heavy jets to be to complicated along with their skimpy manuals.i've narrowed it down i think to the palitus pc12, the piper meridian or the piper cheyenne by aerosoft and flight one.from the research i did they all seem to have excellent manuals. { heavy jet developers take note}my main concern is the bug issue and if i download from their websights would the updates be included or need to be downloaded seperately?anyway all three have very nice looking VCs which i'll be using. are the graphics still good or a bit dated? i know these aircraft have been out for awhile but are a few steps up from the defaults.would like to hear some opinions if anyone has them. thanks,william

By the Cheyenne, I assume you mean the one by Digital Aviation; www.digital-aviation.de I think Aerosoft does the KingAir. I have both, but I use the Cheyenne exclusively now. The flight model is very good ( I did do some tweaks, but then I do that with almost any plane I have :( The panel is superb, and all systems are modeled. In terms of GA turbos, I rank it in the same category as the PMDG's airliners. Mike

FSD has several planes that may be of interest. You can change load factors and a few other things on them.

Guest william273
FSD has several planes that may be of interest. You can change load factors and a few other things on them.
thanks mike and thanks bill for adding FSD to my state of confusion. i now know how women feel when they can't make up their minds.i'm bouncing around here going from one websight to another and to another then starting over again, they all look so nice.i'm really impressed that all of them come with highly detailed manuals. wow, that's news to me. you'll be hard pressed to find a manual like these for a jet of any size.hats off to all you GA developers!just wanted to drop in during my websurfing here and say thanks.william

thanks mike and thanks bill for adding FSD to my state of confusion. i now know how women feel when they can't make up their minds.i'm bouncing around here going from one websight to another and to another then starting over again, they all look so nice.i'm really impressed that all of them come with highly detailed manuals. wow, that's news to me. you'll be hard pressed to find a manual like these for a jet of any size.hats off to all you GA developers!just wanted to drop in during my websurfing here and say thanks.william
HelloPMDG, LevelD, Coolsky, all have very large and well written manualsWhat Jets have you been buying with poor documentataion?Let me guess , Feelthere/Wilco?velD

The Digital Aviation/Aerosoft Piper Cheyenne is my pick. I didn't like the PC-12 and refunded it. The Piper Meridian from Flight One is awesome, but it's older, so it's up to you. The Cheyenne really has the best FDE (flight dynamics) of all those you mentioned. Don't forget the Dreamfleet GAs either, they're excellent as well. Make sure you look at the newer ones though. Some are older as well (FS2002).As for manuals, PMDG, Level-D, Leonardo, Flight One, Dreamfleet, Digital Avitation have all provided great manuals.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Guest cuizinier

hello,the only one I have tried within your list is the flight one PC-12 that I did not like because of the poor VC gauges refresh rate. It was a disappointment as their cessna 172R is so nice.Does anyone could comment on VC gauge refresh rate for the meridian and the cheyenne as i would potentially be interested ?Julien

Guest william273
hello,the only one I have tried within your list is the flight one PC-12 that I did not like because of the poor VC gauges refresh rate. It was a disappointment as their cessna 172R is so nice.Does anyone could comment on VC gauge refresh rate for the meridian and the cheyenne as i would potentially be interested ?Julien
i guess alot of developers assume you already know alot so they don't include everything.i won't mention any names.anyway i wound up getting the FDS Seneca V. i did get the Meridian too but it's to old and the GPS or whatever it is/was didn't load, that's whan i got the Seneca.not a bad aircraft at all. comes with a standard panel and the new glass panel. excellent manual also.thanks for the suggestions everyone!william

I have the Cheyenne and the PC-12.Since I have had the Cheyenne, I have flown almost nothing else. The PC-12 has hardly been used. Only my opinion of course but to my eye, the Cheyenne cockpit is superior to any other product I have seen.There are several updates for the Cheyenne including the most recent patch which is still in beta form. However, as far as I'm aware, I have have never had a CTD which was down to the Cheyenne any any stage. Most or the supposed problems you will see noted on their forum are I think things which the average user would never come across. If you are a really expert user of the GPS, you might still hit one or two problems but you really do have to using it at an advanced level e.g. changing route and procedures in-flight. I just load a flightplan & follow it and that works every time. If I were you I would search for the CD-ROM version before you buy. This is easier to re-install if you have a problem and I can see the FS9 CD-Rom on sale for

ngxu_banner.png

Guest william273
I have the Cheyenne and the PC-12.Since I have had the Cheyenne, I have flown almost nothing else. The PC-12 has hardly been used. Only my opinion of course but to my eye, the Cheyenne cockpit is superior to any other product I have seen.There are several updates for the Cheyenne including the most recent patch which is still in beta form. However, as far as I'm aware, I have have never had a CTD which was down to the Cheyenne any any stage. Most or the supposed problems you will see noted on their forum are I think things which the average user would never come across. If you are a really expert user of the GPS, you might still hit one or two problems but you really do have to using it at an advanced level e.g. changing route and procedures in-flight. I just load a flightplan & follow it and that works every time. If I were you I would search for the CD-ROM version before you buy. This is easier to re-install if you have a problem and I can see the FS9 CD-Rom on sale for

Guest iflyc77

I can't say enough good things about the DA Cheyenne.

Guest william273
I can't say enough good things about the DA Cheyenne.
everyone seems to say the same. thanks iflyc77.william