Sign in to follow this  
brucek

Looking for Sectional Charts

Guest BobL

Hi AllI'm looking for a paper-based collection of recently outdated FAA/USA Sectional charts for use in simming but I don't want to pay $7.25 each for them which is the cheapest I can find.Ideally, I would pay a single fee and get a copy of each of teh sectional charts either by region of the country or the complete set. I've seen something like that for electronic media but I want the real thing.Anyone know of an offering like that anywhere? Could you provide a website for such a thing?Thanks so much in advanceBobL

Guest Moghdad

I would like to know this too. $7.20 would buy you current charts.

Your best bet is to go to your local FBO or, if you know any real world pilots, ask them for their expired charts. The FBOs can't sell expired ones and are supposed to cut the label off of the expired ones and send that back to the printer for credit towards their next set, so usually they have the charts which would otherwise just get thrown out. Pilots don't have any use for the expired ones either, though I'll admit, I've never had a sectional last the entire period without it getting torn to pieces. Otherwise, you're stuck with the 7.25 the government charges for them.

Guest UweR

Hi, here in Germany I

Contact a local FBO or flying club. I did this and they were MORE than happy to give away their old charts.

Guest BobL

I thought I would post what I found in my search for this product. I placed the order tonite so I can't tell you yet if this is going to actually work but I am giving it a try:I found an on-line pilot supply store, mypilotstore.com. (Creative, huh??) They offer expired sectional charts by the each. So, if you want one for that part of the country that you can't ever find at the local FBO because it's too far away, this might be an alternative. They charge $2.40 each. Shipping is $0.50 each and if you buy more than five, shipping is free. I suppose if you're buying the whole set at once, there might be a little sticker shock but if you only need one or two, hey it's less than the cost of fast food...I've purchased supplies from this company a number of times before (including two volumes of the Flight Guide series) but I didn't know they offered expired charts until I sent them an email. This is the direct link to their expired charts page...http://www.mypilotstore.com/mypilotstore/sep/2073Hope this helps someone.BobL

Hi Bob,I have used sectionals (Denver and Cheyenne), plus the Denver Terminal. All are outdated, and are as such useless to me in real flight. They are marked up with various flights I've done, though. If you're interested, e-mail me at brucek@qwest.net, and mark your message heading so that I won't send it to where my spam goes :)Bruce.