Sign in to follow this  
Guest gopatriots

Tokyo.cab And World.cab

Guest gopatriots

Hello,I recently tried to reinstall FS9 on a new rig, and have gotten the following messages:Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 encountered a disk error while writing to the file ....Scenery\World.cabI also got the same message for tokyo.cabI kind of got the impression that the only fix would be to buy another FS9, but I can't find them anywhere in stores--just FSx. And before going and ordering it online, I wanted to see if anyone would be so kind to send me tokyo.cab and world.cab, assuming they aren't too massive?Thank you so much!Zach

Hi,They are pretty large.Ebay has good deals.Any scratches on the CD?Might be your hard drive and not the CD.Anti-virus Off?Thanks,

Guest gopatriots
Hi,They are pretty large.Ebay has good deals.Any scratches on the CD?Might be your hard drive and not the CD.Anti-virus Off?Thanks,
There are a few scratches, but I have never had any problems with FS9 reading the CD. I would be kind of surprised if it was my hard drive, it's brand new.I'll try with AVG off.

There are a few scratches, but I have never had any problems with FS9 reading the CD. I would be kind of surprised if it was my hard drive, it's brand new.I'll try with AVG off.
I would also try a good cleaning of your disks before attempting another install. It does not take much to get a read error.Google the subject and you will get some good advice regarding the proper method(s) to use for cleaning.Good luck.

It isn't clear if you tried, but you can try to just copy the cabs off the CD using windows explorer and uncab them then add then to the scenery.cfg. World.cab would be a showstopper but tokyo.cab is photoscenery and you can live without it.scott s..

Guest gopatriots
It isn't clear if you tried, but you can try to just copy the cabs off the CD using windows explorer and uncab them then add then to the scenery.cfg. World.cab would be a showstopper but tokyo.cab is photoscenery and you can live without it.scott s..
Scott-I have not tried this. I am a little confused, how does one uncab the files? This seems like it could work, I just need a little more detail if you could...Sorry and thanks in advance. :(

.cab files are similar to zip files, right click on it and select extract. You will then be given the choice of where to extract to.

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

Guest gopatriots
.cab files are similar to zip files, right click on it and select extract. You will then be given the choice of where to extract to.
Thanks--even after extracting, the files appear to be corrupt; I can't extract all of them. I think I'll just go ahead and buy new discs. Thanks,Zach