Sign in to follow this  
Guest o76o

Atc Window Configuration

Guest o76o

OK, I've given up on FSX for now.I've installed FS2004, and ramped all the settings up and I'm loving it, but I have to admit, FSX does some things better.I would like to know how I can stop the atc window popping up constantly when atc talk to all the AI planes. Like FSX, I want the atc window to open only when atc address me... Is this possible?Also, is there a view/track pan option in fs2004 so I can do some plane spotting from control towers?Thanks=)EDIT: Also, i've applied 4x Anti-Aliasing in my ATI control panel, but for some reason the buildings in the scenery still look a bit blocky... How can I get them to look smoother.

OK, I've given up on FSX for now.I've installed FS2004, and ramped all the settings up and I'm loving it, but I have to admit, FSX does some things better.I would like to know how I can stop the atc window popping up constantly when atc talk to all the AI planes. Like FSX, I want the atc window to open only when atc address me... Is this possible?Also, is there a view/track pan option in fs2004 so I can do some plane spotting from control towers?Thanks=)EDIT: Also, i've applied 4x Anti-Aliasing in my ATI control panel, but for some reason the buildings in the scenery still look a bit blocky... How can I get them to look smoother.
I will leave you other questions for someone else to answer but you might try changing the settings in your Settings/Air Traffic Control and remove the check mark by the Auto Open ATC Window option.If memory serves. (and it often does not) that will stop the window from opening automatically. :(

Guest o76o

I have a feeling that will also stop the window opening when ATC also talks to me which I don't want but I will try as you suggest and find out.Thanks. =)

I have a feeling that will also stop the window opening when ATC also talks to me which I don't want but I will try as you suggest and find out.Thanks. =)
Uncheck the "show ATC text option"leave the other two checked.Unfortunately this doesn't stop the incessant ATC prattle.I wish you could turn of ATC sound for other aircraft and just here your own messages.Andy

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

Guest o76o

OK, I unchecked 'show atc messages' but now it doesnt show messages to me either...Which if I think about it, is maybe better because now I have to listen out for my tail number, just like real like I suppose.I'm guessing fs2004 can't do it the fsx way.Also, anyone got any suggestions for my other questions?Thanks.

Hi,AFAIK you now have the ATC window set up "best". I don't know of a mode that will pop up only your messages.One of the Views (step through with the S key) is Tower view. It will be the view from the tower you are nearest to or you loaded the plane at, depending on circumstances.Try more antialiasing (8xS, etc.) to fix the blockiness. If you have applied all the anti-aliasing your card will deliver, the best way to minimize the jaggies is to increase the resolution you are flying at. For full screen mode they are listed in Options/Settings/Display/Hardware. Choose the highest 32 bit (ends in X32) resolution. For windowed mode you would need to increase the resolution of your Windows Desktop.Hope this helps,

Guest o76o
Hi,AFAIK you now have the ATC window set up "best". I don't know of a mode that will pop up only your messages.One of the Views (step through with the S key) is Tower view. It will be the view from the tower you are nearest to or you loaded the plane at, depending on circumstances.Try more antialiasing (8xS, etc.) to fix the blockiness. If you have applied all the anti-aliasing your card will deliver, the best way to minimize the jaggies is to increase the resolution you are flying at. For full screen mode they are listed in Options/Settings/Display/Hardware. Choose the highest 32 bit (ends in X32) resolution. For windowed mode you would need to increase the resolution of your Windows Desktop.Hope this helps,
I think i can live with the atc window for now, i suppose i was spoiled by fsx, but its more realistic now.I have done tower view but it wont allow me to pan the view, in fsx there is a track/pan option you can assign to a key, is there such a feature in fs2004?Also regarding resolution, i'm stuck because i have a tft which is 1440x900. Regarding Anti-Aliasing, I can adjust it in catalyst control panel to 8x.I did a few tweaks in the fs.cfg file today, changed the mesh to 21 which is apparently equal to 19m mesh....Thanks for everyones input.:-)

Deleted my own post, because it was just plain wrong! :( Sorry about that!CheersWolfgang

Guest o76o
Are you aware that ATC transmissions to you (only) are shown in the Kneeboard?
I wasn't. To be honest, i hardly ever refer to the kneeboard, actually i don't even know what key to press to bring it up.I'll have a look at it.Cheers.

Guest dogknot
I wasn't. To be honest, i hardly ever refer to the kneeboard, actually i don't even know what key to press to bring it up.I'll have a look at it.Cheers.
Kneeboard display/hide = F10then select the "radio" button on the right hand side (headset icon).Also, I'm sure you've discovered by now that deselecting "Show ATC Text" and having the other two selected, the ATC box only pops up when ATC is addressing you. The options in the box are your choices for a response. It doesn't show what ATC said. On most critical commands from ATC, there will be a choice to "Say Again" in case you didn't hear them. The fallback is the kneeboard which will have everything that ATC has transmitted to you.