Sign in to follow this  
kdfw__

Fly The Maddog 2008 Due Soon

Ever since the VC was added I was interested in getting the Leonardo's maddong2006.According to the notice below, the new versions are cheaper or add additional featureshttp://www.flythemaddog.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=6179Recent posts about this product looked positive, how are1) VC refresh rate?2) VC frame rate (comparable to PMDG744 or LDS763)?3) all buttons/switches in VC working?4) how does it compare to Fligh1's Super80 (which I already have)?I know I'll get the PMDG MD11 for FS9 this month, but need to see if I should budget for maddong2008.Thanks,Pat

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

I really enjoy the Maddog 2006. It's got a lot of really nice features you won't see in other add ons. Having said that, I think the refresh rate is fine in VC, but the texture load times when switching from 2D to VC is slow, so I uninstalled the VC version and put 2.1 back on. Several others have done the same. Apparently converting the textures to DXT helps, but since I prefer 2D panels for precision flying, I didn't try the DXT conversion. A few bugs appeared in the VC version too, so that was reason enough.As far as I know, all switches and knobs work in the VC, but I can't say for sure. I don't have the Super 80 from Flight One, but most people seem to prefer the Maddog 2006.The 2008 version, which is out soon, is supposed to address a lot of bugs and include some newer features. The standard version will be free to us 2006 owners, and the pro version will be an upgrade price or full if you don't own the 2006.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Anyone knows if they updated the visual model?1. To large vertical tail2. To short fuselage. (maybe visual phenomenon due to large tail)3. Nose shape4. To large door left back.5. Window wrong placed on front passenger door. (beats me why they hardcoded that window in the model)

Staffan

Nope. I really don't think they updated the visual model... as they didn't say a word about it.

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO

Thanks for the feedback, Chris.I'll get the md-2008 version when it comes out later this month. Looking forward to it.Pat

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

I just got the Maddog2008, impressions so far:1. outstanding VC, one of the best out there, "wow" moments for immersiveness2. VC gauges are really smooth3. avionics are pretty complete, including WX and EGPWS4. frame rates as good or maybe better than PMDG744 or LDS7635. 2D panel is really good, too (I'm a trackIR guy so VC is a must)6. external model is very good (not a plane spotter anyway)7. flies good, LOC/GS capture is smoothReally impressive piece of work by LSH :( Pat